Streaming music - plug in not supported?

maxnexus

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok, here's the thing. I use my tablet to stream music on occasion from various web sites. Not downloading the music as a MP3 file etc, but simply listening. This I can do for the most part without difficulty. However, on one or two sites I visit I get the message "Plug-in not supported". Everything else on the site I can view normally. On my Desktop and Laptop I have no problems on these sites at all, just my Nexus 7. I run Chrome and Firefox on all the foregoing devices. Question is what the problem or solution might be? Is it the android O/S on the tablet?, or Android version of the browsers. One of the sites I have this problem with is Progarchives.com...yea, I am old, but a dedicated 'Prog' listener and on this site new bands (or bands have been unaware of and would like to listen to some of their stuff) stream some of their tracks etc. Am considering installing Flash...though reluctant to do so at this time unless it is the 'fix' I need. As this phenomena is only relevant to so few sites I visit I realise their 'build' may not be compatible with the Nexus 7. In advance I will admit my knowledge of such matters is somewhat limited, hence my appeal for advice.Thanks for your time, it's appreciated.

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
looks like the problem is not with N7/OS/browser. these sites might have flash/silverlight content.

you might want to install flash(make sure to download flash apk from adobe server.)

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just a note that Chrome on the Nexus 7 does not support Flash, so you will need to look at another browser. There are plenty of threads on this forum about installing flash, and people's preferred browsers. I was impressed with XScope, as it automatically detects if you have Flash, and if you don't offers to download & install it for you. Downside is it's not a free browser.

maxnexus

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just a note that Chrome on the Nexus 7 does not support Flash, so you will need to look at another browser. There are plenty of threads on this forum about installing flash, and people's preferred browsers. I was impressed with XScope, as it automatically detects if you have Flash, and if you don't offers to download & install it for you. Downside is it's not a free browser.

Thanks, have taken your advice and so far so good! Xscope now my secondary browser having uninstalled Firefox and flash working OK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC