Nexus 7 2013 Model Charging Time

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
What time is the Usual Charging Time for the Nexus 7 2013? Mine takes a very long time. If its open . it doesnt even charge. whats up with that.. Just happened today.. it got stuck in 86%

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It is not meant to be charged while is use. I have not timed mine. I generally leave it turned off and on a charge over night, which is probably far more than it needs. The flip side is that the battery lasts long enough that this is not a major inconvenience to me.

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
What time is the Usual Charging Time for the Nexus 7 2013? Mine takes a very long time. If its open . it doesnt even charge. whats up with that.. Just happened today.. it got stuck in 86%

I haven't timed it, but I will say, subjectively speaking (and as mentioned in the documentation) that charging via a USB port is painfully slow. And will in fact drain if you continue to use it. However charging with the included adapter plug directly is extremely fast. As fast, or faster, than any other device I had. So that's how I would recommend charging it.

I hear that wireless charging is also extremely slow, but have no such charging device and have not confirmed this. But based on reports I prefer to just plug it in directly to a charger to charge up.

doug

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Here is a little tip that I've discovered....use the cable and wall charger that came with your Nexus 7...either that or buy a charger with at least 2 amps.....Also if you use another cable other than the stock cable, make sure that it isn't real long.....The length of the cable matters...trust me. I bought a 4 ft long cable and it took almost a full day to charge my N7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Be sure you are using the charger that came with the unit or another high amp charger like one for an iPad. Charging from a .5 amp phone charger or a computer will be very slow.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781