Thinking of Nexus 7 32GB

Ciwan

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys

I am an Apple fan but not one of them crazy ones that think anything Apple is AMAZING and UNBEATABLE. I have an iPhone 5, I owned an iMac and an iPad and had to sell them a while back when I moved down south (London areas is bloody expensive).

I would like an iPad, but they are expensive so cannot afford at the moment. Instead of waiting, I thought to myself; why not give Android a go!

I don't want to replace my phone, cause it is very stable and I'm happy with it, instead I want my first introduction to Android to be a Tablet. I have heard good stuff about the Nexus 7 tablet, and I am thinking of buying one soon.

I want to use it to watch PluralSight videos, YouTube, Movies, Social Media and General Internet Browsing.

I can see the Nexus 7 listed on Amazon, but I have no idea if it is the old or new version .. am I right in thinking that recently a new Nexus 7 came out? If Yes, is the one on Amazon the latest new model?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Yes the Nexus 7 you're seeing is the the new model and it's a good tablet. I still believe the Apple app store is a little ahead of the Google Play store but you can usually find good solutions for what you want. I recently got a 32GB Nexus 7 for rooting purposes and I'm happy with it.

Ardalista

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the others commenting here, I've also migrated from an IOS device to Android I'm not having any regrets at all.

I've also used Samsung Tablets with Android but hands down this Nexus 7 is the winner IMHO you can't go wrong.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I am all for anyone migrating to the Android Ecosystem. That said just be mindful that when you split your time between the two in the long run it may cost you more as if you wind up needing the same paid app for both OSes.

My son got his first tablet [N7 2013] on Saturday and is pleased as punch. I haven't even gotten to showing him Youtube or Netflix yet

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just keep in mind that Apple is on the verge of announcing new products on the 22nd, and Google will likely announce some new stuff very soon as well. If the Nexus 7 hits your wants perfectly, go for it, but with new product announcements so close, I'd be tempted to wait & see what new options are coming up.

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Just keep in mind that Apple is on the verge of announcing new products on the 22nd, and Google will likely announce some new stuff very soon as well. If the Nexus 7 hits your wants perfectly, go for it, but with new product announcements so close, I'd be tempted to wait & see what new options are coming up.

I think everyone is pretty comfortable with what apple is going to announce. A mini with an A6 and retina display. The 32GB will inevitably cost $430.

Google has the Asus made Nexus 10 coming.

If you might want one of those then wait. Otherwise, bite the bullet now.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay