Nexus 7 Tablet (2013) Video corruption/screen tearing problem after using slingplayer app.

Steve-x

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the Android slingplayer app (phone version) running on both a N7 2013 and a Moto X cell phone. If I run the slingplayer app for an hour non stop or so the Nexus 7 will appear to still run fine but during scrolling in chrome etc you will see the screen tearing or lagging. When you scroll 1/3 of the screen will lag behind the rest. Its not a huge lag but its enough to make you not want to see it and its hard on the eyes. The video displayed by the slingplayer app is always fine, you only see the problem after closing the app and using other programs such as the browser. The only fix I have found so far is a reboot of the Nexus 7. I haven't had the same issue with my Moto X, it seems fine. I had my N7 2013 replaced, the second one has the same problem so its not a hardware fault. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

PesToNicK

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, I have exactly the same problem on my Nexus 7 (2013).The problem is new and it started to show up when I started playing The Simpsons Tapped Out game. Before that (since July 2013), no problem had show up. I do play that game on my Galaxy Nexus too and no there is no problem with that device. Have you found any fix for that problem??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21