Nexus 7 Tablet (2013) no POGO pins, no gallery options?

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been touched on before....

I'm in love with my new toy and I show it off to everyone. But I was disappointed to find this model does not offer pogo pins for a dock like the other model did. That's my fault for not doing further research but in either case it is not a deal breaker. But does anyone know why no POGO pins support?

And how come in the gallery you can't move pictures around to make your own album? You can't hide albums either! That sucks. I'm surprised to find this out given I expected a lot more customizations in these newer android updates. Could someone please recommend a gallery app worthwhile?

Thanks!

Lestah

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been touched on before....

I'm in love with my new toy and I show it off to everyone. But I was disappointed to find this model does not offer pogo pins for a dock like the other model did. That's my fault for not doing further research but in either case it is not a deal breaker. But does anyone know why no POGO pins support?

And how come in the gallery you can't move pictures around to make your own album? You can't hide albums either! That sucks. I'm surprised to find this out given I expected a lot more customizations in these newer android updates. Could someone please recommend a gallery app worthwhile?

Thanks!

Lestah
Well it does have wireless charging, perhaps that is why.. I was aware the Samasung made Nexus 10 had a pogo port I was not aware the previous model Nexus 7 did.

jamontoast1291

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest something like the tylt vu if you want something similar to a pogo dock. It'll do basically what the pogo dock would have done. If you want to make new albums you just need to create new folders with a file manager of some sort like root explorer, sliding explorer, etc. The album automatically creates an album for each folder, so for a new album it needs to be in a new folder.

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Eh what? Lol I'll look into those managers, thanks. And I've read the tylt vu is a great option with some minor bugs. Still though, I was surprised they're not offering an official dock or wireless charger.

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I was concerned about the same problem with Gallery, so I plan to use highly rated "Media Organizer"

Media Organizer is the best way to manage your photos, pictures and videos directly from your gallery application.
Media Organizer allows you to organize your photos and videos into folders which will then show up as albums in your media gallery.

If you decide to give it a try, let us know how it works for you.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Eh what? Lol I'll look into those managers, thanks. And I've read the tylt vu is a great option with some minor bugs. Still though, I was surprised they're not offering an official dock or wireless charger.

Since the Nexus uses the popular Qi wireless charging standard there is no need for Google to produce a dock. I use a Nokia 910 dock and charges the tablet even through the case. I suspect this is also true for other chargers.

Posted via Android Central App

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Right now the Tylt Vu costs 70 dollars but the Nokia 910 is 53 on amazon. I'll have to think about which one to buy. And I meant from a money-making opportunity point of view, Google is missing out on some money by not offering their own wireless charger because right now I would def buy one from Google (as long as its price was comparable to similar products).

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Right now the Tylt Vu costs 70 dollars but the Nokia 910 is 53 on amazon. I'll have to think about which one to buy. And I meant from a money-making opportunity point of view, Google is missing out on some money by not offering their own wireless charger because right now I would def buy one from Google (as long as its price was comparable to similar products).

If you think about Google's revenue model and business structure, being a product company is secondary to building products that drive people to use Google services. So building accessories for devices is likely way down on the list of things to do and the revenue might not be worth the costs.

Also, keep your eyes open for sales on a Qi charger. I picked up one of my Nokia chargers for $15.

Last edited:

CharlesWillson

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Well it does have wireless charging, perhaps that is why.. I was aware the Samasung made Nexus 10 had a pogo port I was not aware the previous model Nexus 7 did.
If you want to make new albums you just need to create new folders with a file manager of some sort like root explorer, sliding explorer, etc. And another option is "You contact to Pogo Technical Support". I think this is the best option.

George Stevens

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I was concerned about the same problem with Gallery, so I plan to use highly rated "Media Organizer"

Media Organizer is the best way to manage your photos, pictures and videos directly from your gallery application.
Media Organizer allows you to organize your photos and videos into folders which will then show up as albums in your media gallery.

If you decide to give it a try, let us know how it works for you.

I'll have to try that too, because these Androids drive me crazy the way you can't get rid of of pictures in the Gallery because they're not really there, they're on Picassa or Cloud or whatever their excuse is. I have the exact same problem with my Samsung 4.2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781