I downloaded an app called Fongo on my Nexus 7, which gives us a number and allows us to call and recieve calls for free using VOIP. On my Nexus 4 I can say "call _____" in Google Now and it will call the person or number but on my nexus 7 it says "This device cannot perform the action you requested". Is there a way to set a default phone app on my Nexus 7 that Google Now can use?
    10-19-2013 03:02 PM
    I downloaded an app called Fongo on my Nexus 7, which gives us a number and allows us to call and recieve calls for free using VOIP. On my Nexus 4 I can say "call _____" in Google Now and it will call the person or number but on my nexus 7 it says "This device cannot perform the action you requested". Is there a way to set a default phone app on my Nexus 7 that Google Now can use?
    In Google Now, if I speak "Call Cathy" (my sister) a panel opens up giving me the choice to use Mobile Data (which I don't understand, since there is no SIM card) or Skype. And I can select whether to do that one time or always. I tried the Skype option and it rang her number.

So that does seem to work. It may be that the particular app has to register itself somehow so the device knows it is capable of using that app?

doug
    10-20-2013 05:30 AM
    I would not be surprised if it worked using a custom rom. I had a similar problem with my n7. I prefer stock

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    10-20-2013 10:44 AM
    In Google Now, if I speak "Call Cathy" (my sister) a panel opens up giving me the choice to use Mobile Data (which I don't understand, since there is no SIM card) or Skype. And I can select whether to do that one time or always. I tried the Skype option and it rang her number.

So that does seem to work. It may be that the particular app has to register itself somehow so the device knows it is capable of using that app?

doug
    I don't get a panel of options, I also have skype on my Nexus 7. Maybe its because you have the LTE version.
    10-20-2013 05:02 PM
    I don't get a panel of options, I also have skype on my Nexus 7. Maybe its because you have the LTE version.
    I have just the wifi model. So yours just goes directly to Skype?

doug
    10-20-2013 07:52 PM
    I have just the wifi model. So yours just goes directly to Skype?

doug
    I just get a message saying "This device cannot perform the action you requested".
    10-21-2013 05:19 PM
    I just get a message saying "This device cannot perform the action you requested".
    Strange. I wonder what the difference is. I guess I would try completely uninstalling Skype and the re-installing it in case permissions were not properly given or set the first time. But I'm reaching.

doug
    10-22-2013 10:24 PM
    Strange. I wonder what the difference is. I guess I would try completely uninstalling Skype and the re-installing it in case permissions were not properly given or set the first time. But I'm reaching.

doug
    I figured out why it was doing that now, I had to save the contact to the people's app for it to work. It wouldn't work if I used my skype contacts.
    douglerner likes this.
    10-23-2013 04:51 PM