With so many different websites requiring different types of passwords, I started an Excel file with a list of all my username/passwords to various sites. These include highly confidential financial sites as well. It's a very long list.

I'm very paranoid about this file, so I only keep it on my home computer. I'm not concerned with hackers accessing it on my personal PC as I'm well protected at home.

But I'm feeling the need to carry this Excel file as I sometimes need the info on my Nexus 7 LTE. I don't trust Google Docs (or any kind of cloud service) with this confidential data. And since I could have my tablet lost/stolen, I'm hesitant of putting on my tablet. Is there any way to keep this file encrypted somehow? Any recommendations on how to travel with highly sensitive files and keep it safe just in case you lose your tablet?
    10-20-2013 02:50 PM
    i use a password protected MS Word/Excel File with Strong Encryption and OfficeSuite Pro Android App to store/access my secure data in a password protected encrypted file. the beauty is you can open this file on any device from ANYWHERE in the world with MS Word/Excel or Android equivalent and internet access. both support Office 2007+ Super Strong 128 Bit Encryption/Password.

i like the free-flow format and the open standard of an MS Word/Excel File vs. a "mom and pop" Password App. i don't like relying on some mom and pop locked black box proprietary closed format that could lose support or trap my data or go out of business. and MS Word /Excel and Office Suite Pro/Documents To Go is free if you already have it.

i then use Dropbox and simply dump this Word/Excel file in my Dropbox so it is available to me from any device anywhere in the world and it is always updated and in sync - and it is encrypted and password protected.

OfficeSuite Pro 7 (PDF & HD)
    Mobile Systems, Inc.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=Whp658mm

http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...ls-here-3.html
    Lestah_613 likes this.
    10-20-2013 02:58 PM
    Get a password protection app. I use SplashID Safe. Also has a desktop program so you can sync to your laptop or desktop computer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    10-27-2013 03:34 PM
    Splash ID Safe is a great app that can be used to store all important info, including credit cards, passwords, etc. You can sync all info between your computer and tablet. I have been using this program for over 10 years and I've never had a problem.
    10-27-2013 04:12 PM
    Another app to check or is KeePass. It uses strong encryption to protect your passwords and is cross platform. There is also an android version.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-28-2013 08:54 AM