Nexus 7 2013 slowing down

emul8ter25

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I had an original nexus 7 and while it was great at first it eventually suffered from terrible slowdown. I upgraded to a nexus 7 2013 and was hoping Asus had fixed the issues that plagued the original. Now I am starting to suffer similar slowdown problems. I don't have too many apps installed and have 13gb free space. There are times when touches don't seem to register and everything is becoming unacceptably slow.
I will never trust or buy another Asus android product. I am convinced they use cheap components that don't hold up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine flies, and I only have 3GB free on a 32GB version. I'm sorry, what was your question again?

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with clearing the system cache partition, following these instructions:

1. If your tablet is on, power it off.

2. Press and hold Power until the device powers on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.

3. Press Volume Down twice to designate Recovery mode.

4. Press Power to restart into Recovery mode. You will see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.

5. While holding down Power, press Volume Up.

6. Use the volume keys to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press Power to select it.

7. When complete, highlight "reboot system now" and press Power to execute.

The slowdown you're experiencing isn't necessarily the hardware's (and therefore Asus's) fault. It could be some app you've installed that is running in the background, bogging things down.

Posted via Android Central App

Nick Niin

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Nexus 7 2013 camera slowing down

I need help too I have the Google Nexus 7 and my camera's(front and back) are slowing down I've tried clearing apps and used clean master and its not working can someone help meh

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane