Here are several random questions that I'm left wondering after my first day with the tablet - bear with me, this is my first tablet...

1) Why does it not come with a manual? If there is an online one - where do I find it, and why do they not direct you to it?

2) The forums say that you can charge it anytime - it wont overcharge. Why does the "warranty & safety" booklet tell you not to leave it charging once it's fully charged then?

3) Why does it not show you that it's charging and/or when it's done, by a light or whatever? there is no indication it's charging at all - and you are supposed to know that it's done and to unplug it - seems crazy to me... (I know that when you turn the screen back on it shows the icon, but other than that you don't know when it's done, or that it is in fact charging).

4) Is there a correct way to attach the tablet to the usb charger? Are these steps really important?

5) Is there a "close page" thing that I am not seeing - like the "x" I'm used to?

6) How do I protect my info from hackers - are there antivirus/malware programs or apps - or is it through a password or something? (All I have is laptop/pc experience)

I'm sure I'll come up with more, but that's all I can remember for now. Thanks for your help in advance.
    10-25-2013 01:17 AM
    Here are several random questions that I'm left wondering after my first day with the tablet - bear with me, this is my first tablet...

1) Why does it not come with a manual? If there is an online one - where do I find it, and why do they not direct you to it?

2) The forums say that you can charge it anytime - it wont overcharge. Why does the "warranty & safety" booklet tell you not to leave it charging once it's fully charged then?

3) Why does it not show you that it's charging and/or when it's done, by a light or whatever? there is no indication it's charging at all - and you are supposed to know that it's done and to unplug it - seems crazy to me... (I know that when you turn the screen back on it shows the icon, but other than that you don't know when it's done, or that it is in fact charging).

4) Is there a correct way to attach the tablet to the usb charger? Are these steps really important?

5) Is there a "close page" thing that I am not seeing - like the "x" I'm used to?

6) How do I protect my info from hackers - are there antivirus/malware programs or apps - or is it through a password or something? (All I have is laptop/pc experience)

I'm sure I'll come up with more, but that's all I can remember for now. Thanks for your help in advance.
    Welcome to Android Central
    1) You can find it here: User manual: Google Nexus 7 (2013) | T-Mobile Support
    2) It won't overcharge but I wouldn't recommend leaving it plugged in overnight since it can cause it to overheat, which is definitely a bad thing
    3) Not sure if it works yet but Lite Flow lets you change the color of the LED for different situations
    4) All you need to do is plug in the cable to the wall charger and to the tablet. Nothing specific you need to do
    5) What browser are you using? Some require that you go to your "Windows" and then slide to close or hit the - or X for the specific window you need closed
    6) Shouldn't need to worry about hackers, I don't think people are actively trying to hack into random tablets. I'd recommend either Lookout or AVG as anti-viruses though as you are still vulnerable to viruses if you visit sketchy websites often
    sparkymalone likes this.
    10-25-2013 01:41 AM