NEXUS Name Tag Peeling Off on Back

oldtimer42

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
The latest (small) issue I've run into with my N7 is that the label that is embedded in the NEXUS logo is peeling off. The "e" lost its stick and started sticking up. It looks fine without the glossy label in the molded e portion of the back and in fact I really wonder why it either wasnt thermally adhered so it cant come off or was just left out with only the molded portion of the letter in the back.

This isnt a reason to return it but is annoying and a sign of poor design/workmanship from Asus/Google.

Anyone else seeing this?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus 7 and I won't be looking forward to this happening to it. However, being an Asus product I'm not surprised in the least bit. IME, they've made high-quality motherboards but it took me 4 Nexus 7's to get one with out any issues. I went through 5 Transformer Prime TF700's in an attempt to get one with no dead pixels...I was not sucessful and just gave up and got an iPad at the time. So, when I hear a story that sheds less than a stellar light on Asus' build quality in their tablet devices I'm not surprised at all. Yes, all OEMs will have some problems and I'm sure many many many people have had a great experience with all their Asus products so perhaps you and I were just the two unlucky ones. I wonder if your tablet has been in a warm or humid environment that would lead to the adhesive on the lettering giving way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01