NEXUS 7 2013 Flimsy USB Cable

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone has the same experience

The USB cable for my charger was so flimsy now it doesnt charge

Thank god its a universal port

Im using my nokia Charger now to charge my tablet...very fast :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone has the same experience

The USB cable for my charger was so flimsy now it doesnt charge

Thank god its a universal port

Im using my nokia Charger now to charge my tablet...very fast :)
Do you notice any kinks or other visible damage on the cord?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Haven't noticed any problem so far, but mine is pretty new. Did you make a habit of wrapping the cord pretty tightly around the charging block? Maybe there was too much flexion where the cable meets the plug, leading it to break on the inside.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Isn't wireless charging significantly slower, though?

Posted via Android Central App

I have not timed it but I it appears that with the two Qi chargers I have - the Tylt and the Nokia DT-900 - that wireless charging is not significantly slower.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Isn't wireless charging significantly slower, though?

Posted via Android Central App

I really have not noticed, but it is so convenient to charge my devices they never need much of a charge. The only time my Nexus 7 is off charger is when I am using it, so it rarely needs more than a 10-20% charge. On my Droid DNA it is off charger from morning till evening. By then it has lost about 30% of it's charge, and once I get home I put the DNA on the charging pad until the next morning.

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
This time I bought my unit from bestbuy in colorado. hehehe
anyway . the cable was okay.. No dent or whatsoever because I was taking care of it. I jsut noticed that for the past few days.i would live the tablet charging . I left it at 30% , when i came back after 3 hours it just went up to 33% or sometimes none. so that got me worried. I thought it would have the same problem as with my nexus 10 which is in purgatory (god rest its soul) , but i trie dthe charger from nokia and it charged up in just 4-6 hours or even less.

SO i would say that the cable was the problem. i just noticed that the cables from the charger are flimsy so that mean its not durable . im using the Nokia to charge now

I had hoped you would have learned from your experience with the Nexus 10
http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...-other-chargers-specs-please.html#post2685310

You need to take care when plugging and removing the USB cord. But based on your numerous posts about the N 10 and now this problem I very much believe you should switch to wireless charging asap.

Lupelamenta

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
This is one of the few times, it is NOT operator error. Unit is only 4 months old. After charging flawlessly, two days ago, it just wouldn't charge. At first I thought it was the tablet itself that wasn't charging, but then I observed the lightening bolt charging indicator go off the moment I moved the charger cable wire to check whether it was plugged into the outlet correctly.. After hours of frustration and experimentation, I realized that both the charger and the cable were completely useless. They had worn out after only 4 months of use. The slightest movement of either the charger or the cable would stop the charge.

After researching, I learned that I could use my iphone charger and and a cable I had from monoprice-- voila tablet was charged 100 percent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv