Nexus 7 taking screenshot is so slow. Is there a way to take screens faster i.e. instantly?

alchemistz

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
i just recently bought a nexus 7 (2013). i briefly googled how to take screenshots or change settings and all i get is volume down + power buttons. which does take screenshots just fine but it kind of requires you to hold onto both buttons for like 0.5-0.7s before taking it.

im trying to take screenshots for games im playing and obviously this 0.5-0.7s delay doesnt allow me to do so at the right timings. especially for action games. is there a way to take screenshots more instantaneously? i tried an app called screenshot ultimate which gives me an on-screen button but it doesnt work (cant take screenshot at all).

or if there're other ways for me to achieve the same objective i.e. taking screenshots instantaneously, it'll be great as well. thanks!

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I imagine the developers added the delay to prevent accidental screen captures. I would use an app. You might check with the developer of the app you tried to see why it did not work.