Hello,

Please forgive the newbie question. I have the LTE version. I would just like to confirm that when my device detects a known WIFI signal, should it default to that for data instead of using my mobile data?

Thanks!
    11-06-2013 07:43 PM
    Correct, if it has a wifi signal, it shouldn't use your mobile data. In fact, I find it frustrating sometimes with my phone (which does the same) when it's connected to wifi, but very poorly (ex: I'm sitting in my car about to leave my driveway), so it can't get a real connection, and therefore doesn't really receive any data until I turn off the wifi.
    11-06-2013 07:46 PM
    Excellent. Thank you!
    11-06-2013 07:50 PM
    Correct, if it has a wifi signal, it shouldn't use your mobile data. In fact, I find it frustrating sometimes with my phone (which does the same) when it's connected to wifi, but very poorly (ex: I'm sitting in my car about to leave my driveway), so it can't get a real connection, and therefore doesn't really receive any data until I turn off the wifi.
    Go to settings >wifi>menu (3 vertical dots) >advanced >avoid poor connections

Posted via Android Central App
    11-07-2013 11:59 PM
    Yes, that is the bane that is Android. If it detects a wifi connection it will kill your data connection, even if the wifi connection is actually not a usable connection. For example, if you have a good wifi connection to your router, but the modem behind it is not working Android will see the strong wifi connection even though nothing is behind it and default to wifi. Only way to get your data connection back is to turn off wifi or "forget" the connection.
    11-08-2013 11:16 AM