Nexus 7 stuck on dead Android screen

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 7 isn't rooted or anything, but after being out for the day and coming back I saw it was on and stuck at the Google screen. After it not doing anything I tried to reset it and I got this dead Android logo. I tried to look up what it means and all of the answers I got were for rooted devices. Does anyone have any suggestions why this happened or how to fix it? Like I said I didn't root it or do anything to it.
ahasarud.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 7 isn't rooted or anything, but after being out for the day and coming back I saw it was on and stuck at the Google screen. After it not doing anything I tried to reset it and I got this dead Android logo. I tried to look up what it means and all of the answers I got were for rooted devices. Does anyone have any suggestions why this happened or how to fix it? Like I said I didn't root it or do anything to it. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/08/ahasarud.jpg

Try holding the power button down for a little while till it reboots.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's usually seen when you reboot to the Recovery menu. When you see that screen, press and hold Power, then press the Vol Up button at the same time. If you see the Recovery menu appear (it's in a small system font), use the volume buttons to highlight "reboot system now," and press Power to execute. If your tablet is acting funky, you could try highlighting "wipe cache partition" first, which clears out the system cache partition (only temporary data is erased--no personal data lost).

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
When I just hold the power button the Google screen will flash for a second but then go right back to it. It is like it's trying to bypass it but it can't. B. Diddy when I try what you suggested it just goes to the Google screen and stops. I can't pull up the recovery menu. It was acting fine this morning.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you press and hold the Power button, even if the Google screen shows up? Usually, if a device is acting up, it will power down if you hold the button down long enough.

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get the recovery menu up but even after wiping the cache and factory resetting the data I still can't get past the Google screen.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383915005851.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383915005851.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 17

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get the recovery menu up but even after wiping the cache and factory resetting the data I still can't get past the Google screen.

It really sounds like somehow you managed to wipe your whole system. Including the stock ROM. Which would mean there's nothing to boot. But I'm not sure how you would have done that.

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
How would/could I even do that? The tablet was literally sitting in my hotel room all day. It's the weirdest thing.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
That's what I'm not sure. But you should be able to at least boot into android. And you say it won't even do that right?

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Nope that's all it will let me do unless there are button presses I am not aware of. I am going to call Asus later and see if they can help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae