Have You Gotten KitKat 4.? Thread

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'll be the one to start the who got KitKat 4.4 thread this time around :)

As of 8:30AM in Toronto I have not received the update yet (and I am not surprised)

[Nothing worse then messing up a thread title:(]

nazem

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Nothing yet over here, I've tried force closing service framework and clearing data like 10 times but nothing :/

Posted via Android Central App

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Didn't have it this am in Bham AL. Left the N7 at home. Hopefully when I get home this pm it will be available.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nothing yet here in Ottawa either (not that I was expecting it either... figure it will be at least another day or so...)

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I just took the five minutes to manually install the update zip. Didn't feel like waiting the hours/days for it to show up by itself.

Love Kit Kat on the Nexus 7! Matches my Nexus 5 now. :D

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Why does everyone announce where they are? Does anyone really think that a roll out staged to avoid overload would be distributed in a way that would flood a region? Just as likely to be meaningful would be something like, "I haven't received it. My significant other's middle initial is J"

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Why does everyone announce where they are? Does anyone really think that a roll out staged to avoid overload would be distributed in a way that would flood a region? Just as likely to be meaningful would be something like, "I haven't received it. My significant other's middle initial is J"

People tell where they are during some type of service outage so I guess they just instinctively do it during a roll out.

[Personal Attack Redacted by Moderator]

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Well in the past I've seen people in the USA receive it before people in Canada. If you don't want to state your location no one is really forcing you to. This thread was put in place to see how the roll out is progressing.

Posted via Android Central App

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Nothing in Nor*Cal yet. If not available by tonight, I'll flash the update or stock rom.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I hate that it bugs me so much to wait for an update, even though I suspect I will use the tablet the same way I do with 4.3. I even left the tablet at home today, hoping that it updates before I get home. :)

hiwayracer

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Nothing on mine in Michigan - though if the last update is anything to go by I'll get it 10 days after everyone else, even with checking for updates every few hours or so.

propeller10

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I checked many similar threads. It looks like no ones getting the update. Google has been doing terrible with updates this year compared to last year. :mad:

cestesPDX

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Just got it (KRT160). Other than the boot logo change, I don't really see/notice much different. I thought the menu bar at the top was supposed to be transparent?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just got it (KRT160). Other than the boot logo change, I don't really see/notice much different. I thought the menu bar at the top was supposed to be transparent?

Turns out there are a few things that are Nexus 5 specific. That's one of them.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Tried closing the frameworks several times, looks like they may have fixed that loophole.

Tried flashing it but it fails in TMRP..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc