Meenova.com, Welcome

Anyone tried this with the Nexus 7 2013?

If the device is not rooted, does it need Nexus Importer to work and so you can't write stuff on the micro SD card but just play media from it using NI?

If the device is rooted, does this make the micro SD usable like on any other device which has a normal micro SD slot, which means read and write and import apps on it?

I'm very tempted to order this little device, but I want more infos from users before.

Thanks.
    11-15-2013 11:59 AM
    I have one and love it. I got it by backing it on Kickstarter. The thing is so tiny and discreet. I have a 32 gb micro SD card in mine to store backups, apps, movies and music. It comes with a normal USB adapter you can plug it in to your computer. I highly recommend it.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-15-2013 12:09 PM
    And yes, if rooted, it works like a normal external SD card. Use Stickmount from the Play store.

11-15-2013 12:12 PM
    And yes, if rooted, it works like a normal external SD card. Use Stickmount from the Play store.

Well, rooting suddenly becomes more interesting... However, I'm with Windows 8.1 and never was able to unlock the bootloader when I tried (using Nexus Root Toolkit), Windows wouldn't see my device and I cancelled the project...
    11-15-2013 12:16 PM
    Make sure you have the Google usb drivers installed on your computer. Just Google "Google usb driver" and use that to make sure the drivers for the device are updated.

11-15-2013 12:20 PM
    Meenova is a nice idea but I wish it accepted a full size SDHC card so I can see pix directly from my camera card. Also, I wish it had a full size USB port.
    Plenty of similar gadgets available on ebay -- for less $$
    11-15-2013 01:01 PM
    Meenova is a nice idea but I wish it accepted a full size SDHC card so I can see pix directly from my camera card. Also, I wish it had a full size USB port.
    Plenty of similar gadgets available on ebay -- for less $$
    Then, it would be bigger, and less interesting IMO. But I'll check out what's available on Ebay before ordering.
    11-15-2013 01:54 PM
    Meenova is a nice idea but I wish it accepted a full size SDHC card so I can see pix directly from my camera card.
    Couldn't you use a SD Card Adapter with a Micro SD Card in your camera then insert the Micro SD into the Meenova and view the pictures on your N7?
    11-15-2013 01:55 PM
    Couldn't you use a SD Card Adapter with a Micro SD Card in your camera then insert the Micro SD into the Meenova and view the pictures on your N7?
    Additionally, Eye-fi Mobi cards are memory cards with built-in wifi -- share the pics with any connected device while leaving the card inside the camera.

WiFi SD Cards: Eye-Fi Memory Cards: Wireless Photo and Video Uploads from your Camera to your Computer & the Web | Eye-Fi
    11-15-2013 02:16 PM
    Many ways to make Meenova (or equiv) work for me -- just looking for the solution that best meets my needs. Plan to use this only occasionally. OTG cable and card reader (with NexMedImp) works fine. Some value in a solution that avoids the dangle and does not require a separate (SDHC) card reader.
    11-15-2013 03:01 PM
    Alternative solutions:

3in1 USB OTG Connection Kit Hub SD Card Reader for Galaxy Note 3 III N9000 | eBay

Micro USB OTG Memory Card Reader Writer 5 Slots for Samsung Galaxy I8190 N7100 | eBay

But the Meenova is more interesting for me, as it's so small, you can just let it plugged all the times, except when charging of course.
    11-15-2013 03:22 PM
    I don't think I'd leave anything plugged into the N7 micro-usb on an unsupervised full-time basis. Too easy to bend a pin -- major repair headache.
    Here's another choice that I found on ebay: "OTG Reader for Nexus 7" results in small plugin (3.8x3.1x1 cm) that supports both SDHC and micro-SDHC. Larger than Meeneva (about the size of a half-dollar), but only $1.35 with free shipping, so worth a gamble. Interested to see how often I actually use it.

The right choice is whatever works best for you!
    11-15-2013 04:00 PM