Asus RMA/Repair wrecked my Nexus 7

markdek

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd RMA just to get the head phone jack fixed:

1ST RMA........THEY DID NOTHING..........I couldn't believe it!!!!
2ND RMA........THEY FIXED THE HEAD PHONE JACK, BUT DESTROYED THE SCREEN AND BACK; CHIPPED IN 2 CORNERS, AND A GOUGE IN THE PLASTIC BACK
3RD RMA.......BACK TO THEM TO REPLACE THE SCREEN!

Asus Repair actually wrecked my 100% perfect Nexus 7 screen..........bunch of monkeys..................

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Why am I not surprised? I've not had good luck with Asus' mobile products as of late and to read this about their service is not surprising.

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Seems like you had bad experience dude... Maybe try complaining to them via Twitter? Social media is the best way to get attention

Sent from Samsung Z1 GPE on T-Mobile

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I think both Google and Asus's customer service flat out stinks. I have had nothing but poor experiences from both.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

CooCooCaChoo

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Wow that sucks. I would definitely take it to social media to try and pressure them into fixing their mistake. But make sure you have pics otherwise very few people will believe you.

Ribs85

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
If they screw up the third time, then demand a new (not refurbished) unit or a full refund.

You've given them enough chances.

markdek

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I'll just follow up, 5 - 6 weeks, and 3 RMAs later, Asus seems to have done there job. I think they replaced the screen and back that they broke, and my headphone jack still works (the original problem).......man am I glad to have the Nexus 7 2013 back in my hands........what a great tablet, when it works.

M

CoolBeit

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'll just follow up, 5 - 6 weeks, and 3 RMAs later, Asus seems to have done there job. I think they replaced the screen and back that they broke, and my headphone jack still works (the original problem).......man am I glad to have the Nexus 7 2013 back in my hands........what a great tablet, when it works.

M

Wow, at some point you think it would be more economical for them to just send you a new unit. That's some terrible cs. The good news is that you can buy two brand news Nexus 7's for the price of 1 ipad mini....

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
im not an apple fan at all, but the bad news is you have about a 25% chance of both of those 2 nexus's not being defective. I went through 4 or 5 before I found one that was decent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34