How secure is my information?

gizbee

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Am I being paranoid? I'm new to the tablet world and am wondering how secure my personal information and documents are. When I look at all the permissions given to apps, it's confusing. I imagine "them" being able to swoop in to steal confidential information. ;-)

If I have docs with SS numbers or passwords, should I be concerned and/or is there a way to protect it?

Thank you.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think you're probably pretty safe from the regular everyday things you may be being paranoid about. However, the NSA? If they want it, they have it so best to leave those nefarious plans off your tablet. If you just want to be careful and feel that you're doing all that you can you can add some security software, there's a plethora of it, to help slow down any data stealing malware and the likes:

Capture.PNG

...and who said being paranoid was bad?

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
There is a reason that many companies require encryption of sensitive information on all devices including laptops. You should never store your sensitive information anywhere without encrypting it. If you have no driving need to store things like that, then don't do it.

Storing your sensitive info on a tablet is like putting your spare house key under the door mat. At least put it in a phony rock. :)

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a lot of passwords, etc, that I need to be able to access mobile as well as in my office. I'm using a password manager app (mSecure) that I can sync between my mobile devices, desktop, and laptop. Encrypted and password protected (~16 digit complex pw). Add to that being able to remotely wipe the devices, and I feel ok having such information on my devices.

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I also keep such things on my phone and tab, with the proper precautions it is relatively safe. People should avoid feeling safe because their phone has a 4 digit pin or something similar... app permissions are not as big an issue as the other possibilities, at least if you only load well established apps.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
i keep password on local drives no cloud. Sync them on home wifi from time to time. I don't believe in those anti-virus apps cuz they scan everything that means they might collect some of the info . Who knows what they scan.. They send stats to data centers all the time. Anti-virus apps is just another way to scan your phone with your permission.. With permission u give that way it looks legal.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i keep password on local drives no cloud. Sync them on home wifi from time to time. I don't believe in those anti-virus apps cuz they scan everything that means they might collect some of the info . Who knows what they scan.. They send stats to data centers all the time. Anti-virus apps is just another way to scan your phone with your permission.. With permission u give that way it looks legal.

Some might say that's the tin-foil hat perspective, but not me, I wouldn't say that. Nope.

G2

gizbee

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all for input. Maybe I'll go old school and write them down in a notebook. 📄 🔒 😉. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

CooCooCaChoo

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
It's relatively safe so long as you don't install questionable apps. And as long as app developers are diligent in encrypting your information.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon