What is Kit Kat all about??

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Received the 4.4 update this evening. The only difference I see is a new settings icon. What am I missing??

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

HenryWiygul

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
If you have a nexus 5, you get the Google Experience Launcher. Other changes include full screen album art as lock screen wallpaper when listening to Google play music. Immersive mode which removed notification bar and onscreen buttons for true full screen viewing. Also, you should notice an increase in speed because kit Kat optimizes memory and touchscreen responsiveness. The ability to print to any web connected printer is also supported as well as IR TV control. There are also many under the hood improvements that just make kitkat faster and have less of a footprint. Thee email and downloads apps have been refreshed as well. There are many new improvements that are currently only available on the nexus 5.

Posted via Android Central App

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Auto wakeup/sleep issues with case are gone with kitkat update, at least that's what I see from last couple of days testing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Auto wakeup/sleep issues with case are gone with kitkat update, at least that's what I see from last couple of days testing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

AWESOME, that's what I was hoping to hear.

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If you have a nexus 5, you get the Google Experience Launcher. Other changes include full screen album art as lock screen wallpaper when listening to Google play music. Immersive mode which removed notification bar and onscreen buttons for true full screen viewing. Also, you should notice an increase in speed because kit Kat optimizes memory and touchscreen responsiveness. The ability to print to any web connected printer is also supported as well as IR TV control. There are also many under the hood improvements that just make kitkat faster and have less of a footprint. Thee email and downloads apps have been refreshed as well. There are many new improvements that are currently only available on the nexus 5.

This is the Nexus 7 forum so I believe he is wanting what is new specific to the N7.

Joe Joejoe

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Only difference I can really tell is they lowered the swipe acceleration sensitivity a little (which might give the illusion of smoother performance due to refresh rate since the slower speed allows for more transition frames over a smaller area), and the battery/wifi/camera icons are white instead of blue, and a few other small things.

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
idk what it is but i love it! ha im kidding, but this is a good question. I knew it meant improvements and bug fixes but i didn't know specifically what was updated. The forbes website is a good read. I'm excited about the QuickOffice improvement and caller id features.

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Only difference I can really tell is they lowered the swipe acceleration sensitivity a little (which might give the illusion of smoother performance due to refresh rate since the slower speed allows for more transition frames over a smaller area), and the battery/wifi/camera icons are white instead of blue, and a few other small things.

I noticed the white icons. Looks nice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Something else I noticed is that my work email inbox now looks alot like my Gmail inbox.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000