After two iPads I have been itching to try an Android device and two things made me jump onboard.
    First, iOS7 on my iPad 3 made it a pig. And of course Apple won't let me downgrade because they are afraid of jailbreakers. So I am stuck with a suddenly slow unresponsive iPad. I would love to have an Air but how can I reward a company for crippling my 1.5 yr old iPad with an OS update that can't be undone?
    Then Staples did a $50 coupon on tablets. Got a 32GB Nexus 7 (2013) for $219. How could I go wrong?
    Wouldn't you know the first one had buggy WiFi. Apps would freeze at 10% downloaded. Swapped it out and then one is performing nicely.
    So I am going through that learning curve.
    Overall I am happy with the device but I finally found a flaw I cannot believe exist.
    When you search a business on Maps you can't save it to contacts. My Google search makes it look like this used to be a feature but it was removed. How can this be?
    So my only question is what is the easy way to get a business into your contacts?
    11-23-2013 06:30 PM
    I've never tried doing what you describe until now, but haven't figured out how to do that on the Nexus 7. On a phone, you can hit call once you have the business listing up in Maps and then save it to a contact from there, but that option isn't available on a tablet. I guess you could long press on the number and copy it, then open up contacts and paste it into a new one. Cumbersome, sadly.
    thundermustard likes this.
    11-23-2013 07:20 PM