READ If You have purchased a nexus tablet as a gift for someone!

Nitemann

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Thought I should share this. I got a nexus 7 for my nephew for Christmas, and was thinking i would get the kit kat update on it before i wrapped it. Good thing i used my Google account, because it auto-generated a few emails about my new nexus 7. Had i done what i was going to originally, and used my nephews credentials, the surprise would have been blown. So beware using the recipient's Google account to set up a new device. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thought I should share this. I got a nexus 7 for my nephew for Christmas, and was thinking i would get the kit kat update on it before i wrapped it. Good thing i used my Google account, because it auto-generated a few emails about my new nexus 7. Had i done what i was going to originally, and used my nephews credentials, the surprise would have been blown. So beware using the recipient's Google account to set up a new device. Thanks

Haha, good thinking :)
I want to buy one, but for myself :p My iPad 2 is getting old...

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site

Good tip! I had to do something similar last year when I bought a phone for a family member. Don't forget to wipe it before you put it back in the box. ;)