Screen Issues

Alliecat61

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
When my screen goes to sleep, I have a difficult time getting the display to come back. After I hit the on/off button, the screen goes black, with a thin white line appearing briefly. It may take three to four attempts for the system to become "live" again.

Anyone else having this problem.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this happening in Jellybean or KitKat? Hopefully, if you haven't updated yet, KitKat will solve the problem.

Alliecat61

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
It is happening in both Jelly Bean & KitKat. I was using a pin to lock my screen. I have removed the pin to see if it keeps happening.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
When my screen goes to sleep, I have a difficult time getting the display to come back. After I hit the on/off button, the screen goes black, with a thin white line appearing briefly. It may take three to four attempts for the system to become "live" again.

Anyone else having this problem.

That line you're describing sounds an awful lot like what the tablet does when you turn the display off. When you hit the power button again, it should pop on without it. Do you have a case on it? Many cases use magnets to take advantage of the auto on-off feature. You can try that and see if it helps at all, you can often find them on Amazon for $5-10 (like this Poetic case).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That line you're describing sounds an awful lot like what the tablet does when you turn the display off. When you hit the power button again, it should pop on without it. Do you have a case on it? Many cases use magnets to take advantage of the auto on-off feature. You can try that and see if it helps at all, you can often find them on Amazon for $5-10 (like this Poetic case).

This is a good point. It's important to know if you are using a case for you N7 or not. If you have a case with a smartcover feature, and if the cover is folded back behind the device, it's possible that the magnet in the cover could still be activating the smartcover sensor, thereby making the tablet think the cover is still closed, and therefore keeping the screen off.

Alliecat61

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Update. I think the problem might be my M-Edge case. I'm not sure if the case has the auto on/off talked about in the responses, but it does have four straps that wrap around the four corners. The one near the top right sits across the power button. If I remove that strap from the corner, I don't seem to have that problem. The problem also occurred when I had a password on the device. I'm go to add that back to make sure it is the case, not the device itself.

Thanks to all that have responded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair