Has anyone else lost Google hot word recognition with 4.4?

moblgrl

May 26, 2013
Visit site
My 2013 LTE Nexus 7 received the OTA update yesterday. Since the update, the "OK Google" hot word stopped working, even when swiping up to activate Google Now first. Additionally, the microphone icons is hollow all the time.

Before responding, note that I have already done the following:

- Set default language to English (US)
- Hotword detection, on
- Offline speech recognition set to English (US); v28
- Loaded the GEL (which made absolutely no difference)

In effect, I have lost valuable functionality with the 4.4 update because the only way I can activate voice search now is to tap the icon.

Any suggestions?? Please help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

S1lv3r_DrAg0n

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I've lost mine after 4.4 and I have no clue what to do. I've tried everything. I recently installed pushbullet, but upon uninstalling it, nothing changed. Pushbullet is an app.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
No disrespect meant to Moblgrl, but you just gotta love when people figure out the solution and don't actually detail what the actual fix was.

Rev.

CoolBeit

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can tell, the mic is hollow when you're outputting to the speakers and when you are not connected to the google services framework (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Something is causing a conflict for you guys, but it's hard to say without knowing more details. I have had the mic go hollow for reasons I couldn't figure out and a reboot has always fixed it for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca