Still no kitkat update for nexus 7 !!! grrrrrr.

crackbaby001

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
The moto x and htc one google edition already recieved kitkat update but no kitkat yet for nexus 7???? This is a effin NEXUS!! Bs.

I'm so disappointed.

Sideloading is not an option, I didn't buy a nexus device to just sideload.

Posted via Android Central App

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry about it because in my opinion you're not missing much with the update.

Posted via Android Central App

This exactly. If you value using Flash at all, it's actually a step backwards. Be grateful you haven't received yours yet and I'd consider not hitting the install button when it does come in.

rich_halvorson

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been patiently waiting too, but this is kind of ridiculous, what are we like 14 days into this roll out and still people are waiting. I've never had an update for any non nexus device take this long once it actually started pushing.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
What framework thing?

It's a method of forcing the update by clearing the data cache for Google Service Framework. Don't do it. You're likely to cause a plethora of annoyances for yourself, such as apps failing to update in Google Play, Gmail not pushing notifications, and other Google apps breaking or not working. All just to get the update a few days faster. Be patient, it will come. Or, if you prefer, download the OTA via a hyperlink and sideload it using your computer and ADB.

JoseGui

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I *just* got my OTA of 4.4 in the last hour on my '13 N7. Was getting impatient myself, and didn't want to bother with sideloading or other methods, nor take any risk with the framework trick.

Now that it's here... <yawn> not that big a deal, though I haven't had time to play with it much yet. If you don't have it yet, it will come. And probably underwhelm :)

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I find it interesting to watch my son continue to use his tablet everyday without complaint while I check it daily to see if an update is ready. It gives me insight into the mind of the typical user who isn't concerned about the latest software so long as their device works and does everything they expect it to.

hasanglcn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
i did not get any kitkat update for my N7 2013 yet... is it normal guys? if u say " it is normal", i ll be relax really :) coz i wonder too much why it did not come yet :(

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I can't understand anyone being excited for this update with the plethora of complaints about it. Don't you guys read all the feedback? App updates scare me mostly because quite often things change for the worse. This is why I don't update my Apps without reading all the latest comments. I still use the quite old version of the Weather.com app and also have an older version of Maps. Google especially seems to take a 2 steps forward and 5 steps back with every damn release. I refuse to update my Galaxy S3 because Google took away the ability to slide along the edge of the screen to zoom in and out which is extremely handy for one handed use of my K-9 email and web browsing. Why not just make it a setting people can turn off if they don't like? Google also took out a number of important features in the Maps app. I've been a Google fan for many years but holy cow what the heck is going on with their decision making??

So now the KitKat update breaks all Flash usage... well I'm out... not going to update because even though it will eventually be fully obsolete there are still so many sites that use it and web browsing is probably the most frequent thing I do on the Nexus 7. I know many of you could care less not having Flash, but there are many other reports issues with KitKat... so why the excitement? I do get excited for updates when there are major additions and improvements, but in KitKat I just don't really find anything dramatically awesome added to it to be hyped about.

Rev.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I refuse to update my Galaxy S3 because Google took away the ability to slide along the edge of the screen to zoom in and out which is extremely handy for one handed use of my K-9 email and web browsing. Why not just make it a setting people can turn off if they don't like?

That wasn't Google, that was Samsung, and dimes to dollars it's because it infringed on some Apple patent. As for Maps, Google is always tinkering with it. Just wait a bit, it will change again and some feature you liked will probably come back.

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
For better or worse I have 4.4 installing on my N7. I did what someone else said they did, I Factory reset, signed back on a lo and behold, I had 4.4 update waiting.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk