How NOT to Install KK

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Have not received KK yet, but with all the bad stuff I hear along with the lack of benefits, I might want to delay installation. Right now my N7 (and apps) are working just fine. I'd hate to take a step backwards.

How do I delay installation? (As simple as not selecting "Install"?) How can I get KK in the future if I decide that I really want it?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I haven't seen an OTA update in years but I do remember there being an option to "Install Later" that you can always choose.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
What have you heard that makes it seem so bad?

Most complaints seem to be based on not getting things they expected, most of which are included in the Google Experience Launcher (GEL), which can be downloaded and installed separately. The major legit complaint I've seen is that, because they changed how web browsing is processed, Flash no longer works on any browsers, not just Chrome.

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My single and only reason for not wanting the 4.4 update is because of Flash support being dropped. I would really love to update for many other reasons though. I will hold off for awhile until hopefully they get a hack to allow a browser to run flash directly...instead of using a Puffin type server loaded flash which sux big time.....lagg city with that deal.

For now......just go into your settings - apps- all- google services framework- and un-check the notifications.

That way you wont accidentally tap the update in the notification pull down. I did this and even after getting the update and then un-checking the notification for it.....I rebooted and still it has not updated to 4.4.