How's your 2013 N7's battery life?

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I personally have great battery life. Generally I can get through 1-2 days of "Average" use, which is some gaming, YouTube, videos, and browsing, with it remaining unplugged while sleeping and being good enough for a good portion of the next day. I know this because I work 12 hour shifts and I frequently use my Nexus during downtime with battery to spare after my shift is done.

I don't have hard numbers but I'll give it a test and make a note of it next time.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: how is your battery life for N7 2013?

I received my nexus 7 last night charged it to 100% and unplugged it to play for a bit. I set it down on my night stand when I went to bed woke up and it was dead.

any thoughts on this? Should I return it?

I do think something is not right. It should not deplete overnight. In fact, I use my tablet heavily (gaming) and I leave my tablet overnight without charging and battery % would drop about 2 to 5 % tops..... There has to be something running on the background that is doing that. If you can't find anything, try a factory reset. If that doesnt work, I would replace it.

bharding08

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: how is your battery life for N7 2013?

ive had no problems with my nexus 7 after the update. Mine has lasted almost the entire week so far and im still at 37 %. use it alot for the internet, social media, games and such.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I think there has been a noticeable difference in battery life since my N7 Wifi was updated to Android 4.4. The battery life has definitely decreased. Previously, the largest battery draw would be my screen. Now, it is regularly the Android OS. It's particularly bad overnight. I am thinking of doing a factory reset.

Posted via my Nexus 7

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I know someone with an LTE version and you can imagine how bad it is in that case but for me (WiFi version) its OK I take to school everyday and take notes or play dead trigger or MC4 and I end the day with about 40 percent which is good in my book

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013

Gary300

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Got my Qi charger from Newegg (from China, about $28.00). Just search the site for Qi wireless chargers. Only charges at about 2/3 the rate of a direct connection to a 2A charger, but should not be problem unless you are in a hurry. Love not having to mess with connecting the charger to the USB port, less problems with damaging the connector over time.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thinking of getting the N7 and am interested in battery life on this device. It would be helpful if people would report "time on" instead of percent usage. Time on is a better indicator of battery usage. The biggest drain on battery life is screen on time and screen brightness. So if someone would please fully charge your device then use it for a day and at end of day report:

1. Screen display brightness
2. Screen on time (get into settings, press battery, then long press screen)
3. Then report the next four top used items "on time", i.e. Voice Calls, WiFi, Phone Idle, Bluetooth...

Last edited:

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Its hard for me to really judge. On my list of iOS devices it distinguishes between usage time and time since last charge. But on my Nexus 7 there is no distinction. It just shows the time since last battery was connected. So sometimes it's 3 or 4 days, but it might just mean I didn'tuse it all that much. Basically it's hard to tell. I get the feeling that the battery is fine though.

Posted via Android Central App

CoolBeit

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I use my N7 heavily (lots of youtube and storybook apps for the kid, lots of web browsing and netflix for me) and I have not had a problem making it through a full day.

geekynerd00

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm a ma'am and no you didn't sound rude. I understand what it does system-wise but it's a glitch when it drains most of my battery without me using any local media on my device. I don't have music stored locally, so I don't know why it does it.

punkJDJD

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting like between 14 and 20 hours of battery life with roughly 5 hours of on screen time with some gaming, seeing movies and browsing the Web. But I saw people that get between 7 and 9 hours of on screen time. I was thinking about trying greenify or change my kernel because I saw some people that did that and got more battery life time. But I don't really know if I should change my kernel.

Enviado do meu Nexus 7 atrav?s de Tapatalk

punkJDJD

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Its hard for me to really judge. On my list of iOS devices it distinguishes between usage time and time since last charge. But on my Nexus 7 there is no distinction. It just shows the time since last battery was connected. So sometimes it's 3 or 4 days, but it might just mean I didn'tuse it all that much. Basically it's hard to tell. I get the feeling that the battery is fine though.

If you click on the apps that are shown on the battery usage list, it will show you the time that the app was active.
And if you click on screen on the battery usage list it'll show you the on screen time :)

Enviado do meu Nexus 7 atrav?s de Tapatalk