Finally received KitKat and (with some trepidation, in view of the many problem reports) installed it on N7 (2013) and N7 (2012). Sort of a "ho-hum" experience. Not much visible difference. Some icon and color changes. Perhaps the real changes are "under the hood". Did not experience any of the horror stories reported on this and other Android sites. Startup (cold start) seems a bit slower but case-magnet sleep and wake-up appears to now work reliably. (In 4.3 this function required that wifi be "on" in order to wake). All of my apps seem to work as before.

Please (continue to ) share your 4.4 experiences. What's different; what works (better); what does not?
    11-27-2013 04:27 PM
    Already have a thread for basically the same topic. http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...nnoyances.html
    11-27-2013 04:44 PM
    Finally received KitKat and (with some trepidation, in view of the many problem reports) installed it on N7 (2013) and N7 (2012). Sort of a "ho-hum" experience. Not much visible difference. Some icon and color changes. Perhaps the real changes are "under the hood". Did not experience any of the horror stories reported on this and other Android sites. Startup (cold start) seems a bit slower but case-magnet sleep and wake-up appears to now work reliably. (In 4.3 this function required that wifi be "on" in order to wake). All of my apps seem to work as before.

Please (continue to ) share your 4.4 experiences. What's different; what works (better); what does not?
    It might not look much different from a GUI standpoint, but this is a HUGE update.

Flash not working really sucks. I had Amazon Instant Video running so well on 4.3.

And I keep getting messages about not having my location, so I may have that GPS issue.

Other than that, it's running wonderfully for me.
    11-27-2013 04:47 PM