Problems with nexus 7

abledpilot

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just received my nexus 7 yesterday and its acting really strange. After setting it up I attempted to download an app from the play store and was shocked at just how slow the play store is. App images don't load and even the smallest app can't download. I tried using the preinstalled YouTube app and it just wouldn't function. The strange thing though is that the chrome works just fine and I can access YouTube from chrome just fine with no loading issues. I called Google, but they couldn't help me. Its probably best if I just return the tablet because I am assuming that there is a hardware problem, but before i did I wanted to make absolutely sure that this is not a software issue that can be fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That behavior certainly isn't normal. I doubt it's a hardware problem. Sometimes intermittent Google server problems can cause slow performance on the receiving end, although I can't explain why YouTube on Chrome would work fine. You could try rebooting your router, or checking the wifi channel that your router is using to make sure it isn't congested (which can slow down performance). Read more tips here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc