Those idiots killed app ops!

darth android

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I really enjoyed the ability to manage permissions individually, especially for free apps and games. Unfortunately, android 4.4.2 either wiped app ops completely or hid it even deeper. Anyone else mad at this?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It may have been removed because the developer want something enabled for a reason. If the wrong thing is disabled, then it can cause the app to misbehave.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Don't turn off ads and other revenue features in free apps. We need to pay developers for their work.

darth android

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Don't turn off ads and other revenue features in free apps. We need to pay developers for their work.

I understand this point of view, but as noticed with a certain flashlight
app, app devolpers may hide certain aspects of the app in the slew of permissions, and i don't want a simple note app to be able to access my location!

Now i know that not all apps are like this, but i enjoy being a power user!

Last edited:

darth android

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I have to say but one thing about these forums, they are alot less toxic than some of the other android forums. Shououts to all the mods and editors!

CoolBeit

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I get the outrage that app ops has been removed, but I also understand why it is kind of a difficult subject from a developer's point of view. At least the permissions still show up before installing an app so you can choose not to install it.

darth android

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I get the outrage that app ops has been removed, but I also understand why it is kind of a difficult subject from a developer's point of view. At least the permissions still show up before installing an app so you can choose not to install it.

Another reason to root!
At least google is still the nicest majorly used mobile os provider out there.

darth android

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I just want one way for google to realize that they are not king George the third. When we users get a new feature, then it is removed because we could "hurt" our apps, a revolution can take place. I want to start a petition right here, right now to bring back app ops in the dev setting, with all the health and safety that google wants. Who is with me?

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I just want one way for google to realize that they are not king George the third. When we users get a new feature, then it is removed because we could "hurt" our apps, a revolution can take place. I want to start a petition right here, right now to bring back app ops in the dev setting, with all the health and safety that google wants. Who is with me?

Well, to be fair, it wasn't even meant for us to use in the first place.

darth android

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
The why would appear in the most widely used mobile os in the world? I really don't think it was "left in" by accident. I admit, i may have gotton spoiled, but many others can feel my pain. That is all i am trying to say.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar