Google Search

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Google Search is taking up 50% of my battery life. I never use Google Search. Amy idea what this is or why it is using so much battery? I'm at 1 day 5 hours and the google search has used 50% of battery with only 3 hours of screen on time...

Posted via Android Central App

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
That's not bad. And it doesn't mean it's using 50% of your battery. If you don't want to see that, then turn Google now off.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Those are interesting stats. 3 hours of screen on time with 50% battery left means you're on track for 6 hours of screen on time, which is really quite good. I find it hard to get 6 hours of screen on time even on my Razr Maxx.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Those are interesting stats. 3 hours of screen on time with 50% battery left means you're on track for 6 hours of screen on time, which is really quite good. I find it hard to get 6 hours of screen on time even on my Razr Maxx.

I don't think that's what he means...I believe he's saying on his battery stats Google search is showing 50%. Which actually does not seem right to me. I've never seen Google search with that high of a percentage on my battery stats on any of my devices.

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that's what he means...I believe he's saying on his battery stats Google search is showing 50%. Which actually does not seem right to me. I've never seen Google search with that high of a percentage on my battery stats on any of my devices.

Yes that's what I mean. I had like 20% battery left. But google search had used 50% of my battery and I had only used 3 hours of screen on time...

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Could you post a screenshot of your battery stats? I've never actually seen Google search listed in the battery stats on any of my devices, so I'm wondering where you got that number from.

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Could you post a screenshot of your battery stats? I've never actually seen Google search listed in the battery stats on any of my devices, so I'm wondering where you got that number from.

How do I post a screenshot via the AC app?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, you can't post pics directly with the AC app. You're better off doing it from the website on your computer, if you can. (Not sure if you can do it on the website using Chrome on an Android device.)

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, you can't post pics directly with the AC app. You're better off doing it from the website on your computer, if you can. (Not sure if you can do it on the website using Chrome on an Android device.)

Did it on my tablet via the AC website on Chrome.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try Force Stopping it. That might shake it out of whatever glitch is occurring.

Good to know you can post pics using the website on Chrome!

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You would have to use the android central forums app or the tapatalk app to do that.

Just got the pics uploaded. Google Search has used 47% of battery this time around with 4 hours of screen on time. Sorry I had to plug it to charge. Battery was at 15% before I plugged it. Another thing that is odd is that non of my games are showing up in the battery stats. I am a heavy gamer.

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Try Force Stopping it. That might shake it out of whatever glitch is occurring.

Good to know you can post pics using the website on Chrome!

I've done that before. Still occurred or seen no change.

And yea its a little cumbersome doing it via chrome on the tablet but it worked out.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you turned off Location Reporting? I've seen that be responsible for a lot of wakelocks. You may need to turn it back on for apps like Google Offers, but for the most part, I don't find it useful. Go to Google Settings>Location>Google Location Reporting.

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you turned off Location Reporting? I've seen that be responsible for a lot of wakelocks. You may need to turn it back on for apps like Google Offers, but for the most part, I don't find it useful. Go to Google Settings>Location>Google Location Reporting.

It was off. But I turned off google now earlier this evening and I think I shut off the location reporting then as I was not using it on my tablet. Turned off location completely now.

George Stevens

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Location is on on mine, but I don't see any "Google search" using my battery. Screen is my main battery user at 30%.

Google is becoming more and more intrusive. Does Google = NSA?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there any 3rd party app installed that mimics the Moto X's "always listening" feature? Something like that could probably keep the device awake by way of Google Search.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995