Nexus 7 LTE?

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus t LTE?

He is absolutely correct. The Nexus 7 has never went through network certification on Verizons network. As a result it is not a VZW approved device. They will not activate a SIM for it knowingly. If you have another device, such as a phone you dont use, air card, etc. then you can put the SIM in the tablet and have them activate it. Just don't tell them what it is.

If you already have an activated Sim it should work, but if not... Well that is another story.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

He is absolutely correct. The Nexus 7 has never went through network certification on Verizons network. As a result it is not a VZW approved device. They will not activate a SIM for it knowingly. If you have another device, such as a phone you dont use, air card, etc. then you can put the SIM in the tablet and have them activate it. Just don't tell them what it is.
I believe I just read that as of 4.4 they will now activate the device.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site

I have read that article also. Verizon did not say they would certify it, just that they would begin the process after KitKat was released. Just because Verizon says it does not mean it will happen. They have made many statements in the past about what they would or would not do and did not deliver. Kitkat has been out for the Nexus 7 for over a month. When pressed for a response I believe they will have another excuse. If not they will just ignore it completely. I hope I am wrong, but given their track record...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36