Extremely slow charging

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
My wife got a new 2013 nexus 7 for Christmas. Out of the box the tablet was dead and I had to put it on the charger. After setting for 8 hours it went from basicly 0 to only 90%. During this time it upgraded to 4.4.2. My wife and I both have nexus 5s and both only take a few hours to charge from basicly 0. I did try different chargers in the house, the same ones we use with our 5s so I know they are good. The tablet was purchased from Amazon so I'm debating on sending it back unless someone knows a trick.

Also the tablet is basicly stock. No apps outside what came with it have been installed and the tablet isn't rooted.

Kage

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Your charging pattern also might be a little unusual in that your tablet did a system update during this initial charge. System updates can use a fair amount of battery, so that might be why it seemed it wasn't charging that fast. See how it charges the next cycle, when the tablet isn't doing anything.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
The chargers are both 1.2A for the N5 & N7/13. I'll give it another cycle & see how it goes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Make sure your using the charger and cable that came with the Nexus 7. Regardless of what the rating says there may be a difference between the charger for the Nexus 5.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Well it was the tablet. The audio quit working and I rebooted the tablet. Well it started boot looping never getting past the Google logo. I sent it back to Amazon for a new one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app