Nexus 7 (2013) Can't access via USB to transfer movies!

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a developer in anyway. I just want to move movies from my PC to my Nexus, but I can't. It won't recognize / won't install drivers EVEN if I try downloaded ones on my PC.

I've tried 3 different cables...

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can't access via USB to transfer movies!

What do you see when you connect the phone to the computer?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

What do you see when you connect the phone to the computer?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
There's a yellow balloon with an exclamation point next to the nexus under device manager.

Otherwise I can't see it in windows explorer and it's says it cannot find drivers

Morq

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

I've had similar problem, had to remove all the USB drivers nexus installed. If you don't have time to play with that, a quick solution would be installing airdroid and sending files over WiFi.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

There's a yellow balloon with an exclamation point next to the nexus under device manager.

Otherwise I can't see it in windows explorer and it's says it cannot find drivers

As Morq suggests, it may be easier to install Airdroid and transfer files via WiFi.

I'm not familiar with Windows 7, sorry. Also if you know how to use ftp that's an idea, too.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Movies take up a lot of space. I just put them on a flash drive and view them with an OTG cable and the Nexus Media Importer app.

darth android

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Go into storgae and hit the three dots. Select mtp. All you need to do now is know where to place them on you n7 storage

I find your lack of faith in android disturbing.

jeffskunnk

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I`ve had the same issue. Nexus 7, usb, windows 8, mtp checked and still nothing. doesnt show on devices, computer or file search. All i can find is an Acer driver in Device manager that doesnt seem to make any difference installed or uninstalled.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I`ve had the same issue. Nexus 7, usb, windows 8, mtp checked and still nothing. doesnt show on devices, computer or file search. All i can find is an Acer driver in Device manager that doesnt seem to make any difference installed or uninstalled.

Welcome to Android Central! See these threads about this issue:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...28953-windows-8-1-not-recognizing-tablet.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-5/427074-nexus-5-connecting-via-usb-wrong-device.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just copy the videos to the Movies directory. The full name of the directory is /storage/sdcard0/Movies/.

holyheretics

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I wasn't able to update the Android driver in Windows Device Manager.

What helped me and fixed the problem was Going into my Nexus settings, storage and in USB computer connection unchecking and rechecking the Media device (MTP).

It updated the driver in Windows Device Manager.

I am able to connect the Windows 7 via USB cable to my Nexus and to see the files on my Nexus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol