Unresponsive, hit or miss touch response? - this helped!

Eaton Scrapple

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My 2013, which is about a month old, is far more cantankerous about touch sensitivity than the 2012.

Sometimes I have to hit the icon THREE TIMES with a different sized finger before I get an app to launch! I have the latest updates and all that.

It comes and goes. Yesterday it got so bad, I hooked up a USB mouse because I was sick of getting my Cheetos grease all over the screen fingering it.

The mouse worked, meaning it IS strictly something with the touch surface, but after using the mouse for about a minute...the touch sensitivity MAGICALLY came back like it had never been so nice before!

It's almost like using the mouse driver unstuck something in the software. Definitely the touch sensitivity is off base on this 2013 model, but now at least I think I have a workaround for jumpstarting it again.

android newbie 248

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You are right. The stuck touchscreen freezes much more than it did on my 2012 Nexus 7.
Is the mouse driver automatically installed when you attached the usb mouse?
I'm ready to try anything - but I think it is a hardware issue rather than a driver problem.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
You need an OTG cable. You can't get it in a store. It's not included with the N7. You have to buy it at Amazon, and you might get one that doesn't work.
Try a blu-tooth mouse.

That's what an OTG cable is. Micro to usb (female)adapter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol