Need some help connecting my N7 with Foxfi

BIGsinner

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I've had foxfi for awhile, and I thought it stopped working because of some Verizon update (I have a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx) , but I discovered it does work - my pc is wifi tethered to my phone as I'm typing. However, when I try connecting my tablet to it, (by itself) it auto disconnects it. I've tried manually adding the device to it, but for some reason, it wont let it hook up (like some super chastity belt) What might I be doing wrong?

So, to sum up...Foxfi seems to work...just haven't been able to get it to work for my tablet.

Update: I was able to connect my friend's laptop as well. So it's likely that the problem isn't the app, but something to do with the tablet...

Last edited:

gadgetgirl3

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
If you are on a tiered data plan and not an unlimited plan, tethering is free and built in to your phone. I use my Verizon phone all the time as a hot spot for my Nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

BIGsinner

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a tiered data plan (10gb, jumped on it when it was going for $40) but when I tried to activate the mobile hotspot...it kept on disconnecting the N7, however I'm able to tether my pc just fine...not sure why the N7 is giving me so much trouble