Dead pixel on my tablet.

Mozillo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
So, I recently got my Nexus 7 (2013) from a seller on Amazon it was "new" and unboxed. So I unboxed it, set it up, and notice a black speck right in the middle of the screen, I tried running those pixel fixer videos but no results. I find it very distracting since I have OCD problems, especially when the page is all white, like in Google Now. I love the tablet but the dead pixel is making my experience unenjoyable. Is there a way to remove it, or can I get a replacement from Google?

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Can't you return it via Amazon? If not maybe try asking Asus for an RMA. Google probably won't deal with it because you didn't buy it from the play store.

Posted via Android Central App

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Trust me Just return it on amazon. I think they have to take it back as part of amazons policy. I got a tablet that had a bad pixel and I played around for a week with the hopes of accepting it and movin on. Not gonna happen, once you notice it (especially in the middle of the screen) you'll never think about anything else while using the tablet.

Mozillo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I didn't get it directly from Amazon I got it from a company that sold it, If I were to return it will I get a replacement for free?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I didn't get it directly from Amazon I got it from a company that sold it, If I were to return it will I get a replacement for free?

The seller should still have a return policy. If not, check with Amazon and see if there is anything they can do to get the seller to replace or refund your money. There should not be a reason why they couldn't.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
thats what I meant. They have to accept for a return or exchange as it is defective. Selling on amazon they are bound by amazons policies. I dont think they would want to do anything to put the exposure that selling on amazon gives them at risk.

Mozillo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
thats what I meant. They have to accept for a return or exchange as it is defective. Selling on amazon they are bound by amazons policies. I dont think they would want to do anything to put the exposure that selling on amazon gives them at risk.

Okay now how do I do that? This wasn't bought on my account rather my Mom's so I am not sure how do this.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
You sign into the account, click on my orders, find the order with the tablet in it and there it gives you options to return or replace items. Click on that option and follow the instructions.

muddy211

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Mozillo,

I sell on Amazon and I can tell you for a fact Amazon will move heaven and earth for your satisfaction...If its a seller on Amazon or Fullfilled by Amazon your covered...:cool:

Returns

You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).:)

Mozillo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Mozillo,

I sell on Amazon and I can tell you for a fact Amazon will move heaven and earth for your satisfaction...If its a seller on Amazon or Fullfilled by Amazon your covered...:cool:

Returns

You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).:)

Okay so the Seller responded by saying If I keep it I can get a 10$ dollar refund or they can Issue an RMA if I want that.

So which one should I do? If I do the RMA will I get a full refund/replacement?

nrweaver

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Okay so the Seller responded by saying If I keep it I can get a 10$ dollar refund or they can Issue an RMA if I want that.

So which one should I do? If I do the RMA will I get a full refund/replacement?

Send it back not worth keeping a tablet with a dead pixel. No question.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Send it back not worth keeping a tablet with a dead pixel. No question.
I agree. Like I said you'll only be thinking about that darn pixel everytime you use the thing and that kind of misery isn't worth the twn bucks imo. I would Take the rma and get another one.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
RMA stands for return merchandise authorization, so yes you return it for a refund or replacement. Email them to be sure of the details.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
So Apparently I lose money from this since I have to pay for shipping and 20% re-stocking fee...

That just sucks. That's the reason I prefer to buy from amazon directly if possible and not a 3rd party seller. I returned my first n7 that i purchased from amazon because of excessive light bleed all around the screen, and i even marred up the case disassembling it to try to fix it first. They still accepted it, even credited my card in 2 days! Amazon accepts returns for any reason with no questions asked. They even pay shipping if the product is defective(return not your fault). You just print out shipping label, could not be simpler!
Anyway all of that doesn't help you. Just live and learn. Return it, eat the loss and buy from a amazon directly or a local store like staples. Staples has the 16gb n7 for $199 and have a 15 day no questions asked return policy.

muddy211

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Mozillo,

Why would you lose money and pay a restocking fee? RMA = you return it on their dime and get a new N7 shipped to you!!! It seems simple to me what you should do...:)

Mozillo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Mozillo,

Why would you lose money and pay a restocking fee? RMA = you return it on their dime and get a new N7 shipped to you!!! It seems simple to me what you should do...:)

But this is what I got

"Thank you for buying the tablet from our store at amazon.com. Your return request is approved. Please note that shipping fee is non-refundable. Refund will be issued when the item is received and the condition and serial number are checked. 20% or higher restocking fee will apply for opened items, missing part, mis-use or false information. Thanks! "

I mean do I have to pay a restocking fee I opened it, but I had to or else I wouldn't have been able to find the problem.

All I want is a replacement.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
This is what hapoens when you buy through a 3rd party seller. If it were amazon they would pay shipping and give you a replacement with 2 day shipping no questions asked. The seller has the right to have their own policy and apparently this is it. What they want is that business between you and them is done and for you to take up any issue with the device directly with asus as a warranty claim.

muddy211

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
This is what hapoens when you buy through a 3rd party seller. If it were amazon they would pay shipping and give you a replacement with 2 day shipping no questions asked. The seller has the right to have their own policy and apparently this is it. What they want is that business between you and them is done and for you to take up any issue with the device directly with asus as a warranty claim.
Actually that's not true...If its a seller on Amazon or FBA, Fulfillment by Amazon or Amazon itself there is a A-Z Guarantee Protection...I don't know what the OP is trying to get at this point as it has all been explained...Amazon would have stepped in and made the 3rd party seller pay for the return, issue a full refund or ship a new one...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37