app icons disappear without doing anything.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i just got my tablet back after 3 repairs. i installed instagram, while i was installing others. this app icon just disappeared! it has happened to me before. i downloaded it from google play store.

does anyone else have the same problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so you installed Instagram--and then you placed a shortcut to it on the homescreen? And then later the icon disappeared, is that correct? Does Instagram still show itself to be present in the App Drawer? Is it possible that in the process of setting your tablet back up, you may have inadvertently swiped the Instagram icon to a different homescreen, or straight into the Remove area?

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
i just got my tablet back after 3 repairs. i installed instagram, while i was installing others. this app icon just disappeared! it has happened to me before. i downloaded it from google play store.

does anyone else have the same problem?
Yes, from time to time, an icon will suddenly disappear from my home screen for no reason. I was a bit alarmed at first, but then I found that the icon was still present in the larger assortment of icons on my tablet, just not on my home screen. Of course, I returned it to my home screen, and it has stayed there, but a few times the same thing happened again, each time to a different icon. (NOTE: it happens mostly when an app is updated. The icon is still present under all apps, but it disappears from my home screen. So I simply put it back--until the next time the app is updated :) )

Last edited:

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that to but that's only when the app get updated. I found out its because I have the Google edition launcher installed on my device. Since its not made for the n7 it is quite buggy. Did you install a launcher by any chance?

Posted via Android Central App

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
yea, i got it back from the 3rd repair. so i started to install apps again. i probably added about 10 apps. while a new app was installing, all of sudden, instagram disappeared right in front of me. it is still in the list of all the apps though.

no, i didn't move it to another home screen, i only had about 10 apps installed at that time. it disappeared right in front of me when another app replaced its location.

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
yea, i got it back from the 3rd repair. so i started to install apps again. i probably added about 10 apps. while a new app was installing, all of sudden, instagram disappeared right in front of me. it is still in the list of all the apps though.

no, i didn't move it to another home screen, i only had about 10 apps installed at that time. it disappeared right in front of me when another app replaced its location.

I've noticed that sometimes when an app is updated through Google Play, the home screen icon disappears and I have to drag it over from the apps page again.

franko515

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Same problem

When some apps are updated the icons disappear from my home screen folders. Now I just check after each update to make sure.

I'm running stock, not GEL

Sent from my Nexus 7

JimChristensen

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this happens on my Nexus 7 once in a while. It's happened 3 times with the SwiftKey application. That app stays on the device, and I can see it in the Settings/Applications screen and drag it back to the desktop. When this happens, it becomes "unregistered" as the default keyboard, and the Google keyboard asserts that status.

And just now, some other app icon disappeared right before my eyes. I don't know which one it was, because it was an app that I almost never use... I don't have a spatial memory of what that location on the home screen did for me.

I'm still happy with the Nexus 7, and glad that I took a chance on it, rather than buying an iPad. This bug is annoying, but not a "device flusher".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995