Notification question from a rookie

mfm77

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi All, I just got my first Android device today: a 2013 Nexus 7. I have an iPhone and an iPad but want to learn more about Android, hence my new purchase. One of the first issues I've encountered involves notifications not syncing for certain apps. For example, I put the Facebook app and the FB Messenger app on my Nexus 7, but now I'm not getting notifications on my iOS devices. I also noticed that I didn't get new Yahoo mail notifications (using the Yahoo mail app) on my Nexus. Am I missing something about notifications?

Thanks to any and all who can help me out!

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I only use android so I can't speak for iOS but I used to at least receive notifications on my phone and tablet Nexus 7.

This may be obvious but have you double checked the notification settings?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

mfm77

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I have - everything seems to be checked off that I need checked off. Is it a platform issue? Or a setting that I might not be aware of?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The Yahoo Mail app should have its own Notifications setting. Open the app, then swipe in from the left (or tap the menu button at the upper left), then scroll to the bottom for App Settings. The Notification setting should be there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc