Nexus 7 Launcher

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Also I've used the google experience launcher and while it has some cool features it feels lacking on the nexus 7 2013
Compared to the nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Also I've used the google experience launcher and while it has some cool features it feels lacking on the nexus 7 2013
Compared to the nexus 5

Why do you feel it's lacking. The Nexus 5 has the infinite homescreens, the OK google, holding to access widgets, wallpapers, homescreens, and the same feature of dragging an app to add a new homescreen. And OK Google, opening apps, and using Google Now and google voice is flawless. I see and experience no lag. I've heard some people say the apps are a bit bigger and I've noticed it too. The only thing I notice when I first launched it was a little bit of the screen was black for a moment. Never any problems since. Or are you referring to the dialer option not being there?

I used to swear by nova and loved it on my phones and some tablets. But I think Google Experience Launcher is better.

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Why do you feel it's lacking. The Nexus 5 has the infinite homescreens, the OK google, holding to access widgets, wallpapers, homescreens, and the same feature of dragging an app to add a new homescreen. And OK Google, opening apps, and using Google Now and google voice is flawless. I see and experience no lag. I've heard some people say the apps are a bit bigger and I've noticed it too. The only thing I notice when I first launched it was a little bit of the screen was black for a moment. Never any problems since. Or are you referring to the dialer option not being there?

I used to swear by nova and loved it on my phones and some tablets. But I think Google Experience Launcher is better.

This is a nexus 7 2013 thread and the gel is good on the nexus 5 but not for the nexus 7 2013 in my opinion.

OK google works very well but I don't need it. I don't like how the icons are bigger and you can no alter the grid size.

It makes me feel like a lot of screen real estate is going to waste.

And personally I'm not one to clutter my screen and I think action launcher pro is the best at it. Also action launcher feels the most appropriate for a tablet not to mention 1-swipe is an amazing feature

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
mujyze6y.jpg
azyhabeg.jpg
eha5yges.jpg

This is my preferred setup

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389796232342.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389796232342.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 23

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
The best launchers for tablets IMO are ones that can switch from portrait to landscape without messing up how you have your widgets and icons laid out. Since the Nexus 7 doesn't actually have a "tablet" UI, most launchers don't have the ability to automatically re-arrange your homescreen when you go from landscape to portrait and will cause some of your icons and widgets to disappear off screen.

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
The best launchers for tablets IMO are ones that can switch from portrait to landscape without messing up how you have your widgets and icons laid out. Since the Nexus 7 doesn't actually have a "tablet" UI, most launchers don't have the ability to automatically re-arrange your homescreen when you go from landscape to portrait and will cause some of your icons and widgets to disappear off screen.

While the nexus 7 2013 doesn't have a tablet ui it does have a phablet ui and ive had no issues with action launcher pro switching from portrait to landscape unless you mess with the grid sizes

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

I use the GEL, and it switches portrait/landscape with no issues. The only problem I experience is after a reboot, the farthest right icon disappears in the lower launch bar. Not a big issue, I don't reboot often, and I just drag back the icon. Having Google Now just a swipe away and the OK Google active is worth it to me.

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
While the nexus 7 2013 doesn't have a tablet ui it does have a phablet ui and ive had no issues with action launcher pro switching from portrait to landscape unless you mess with the grid sizes

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/16/yjy6yvep.jpg[IMG
]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/16/adu2ede2.jpg[/url]

Here's some screen shots I just took

See that blank space where you haven't placed anything between the first row of icons and your clock/weather widget? Fill that space up now and then watch what happens to some of the stuff on your screen after you rotate to landscape ;)

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
you mean to say there are actually people who like to use the nexus 7 2013 primarily in landscape mode and not only in landscape on a per app basis? This I find this crazy.....to each their own though

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Y
The nexus 7 screen ratio is more suited for landscape mode, as has been noted by reviewers frequently. Crazy, I know.

Having a tablet and watching movies or sports in portrait mode would be a miserable experience. Netflix (and other similar apps) will not work in Portrait mode.

Different strokes for different folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol