New Nexus 7 Questions on 4.4 and Touch Screen Issues

Seth Lamb1

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

New here to these forums, I just had a few questions about my tablet that I bought today. First off, should I stick with Android 4.3 because I've read that KitKat has a few kinks that need to be worked out?

Also, what's this about the touch screen having issues regarding EMI and improper grounding? Should I be concerned? Or does this just affect a small amount of users? I just upgraded from an Asus Memo pad HD 7 hoping that this tablet would provide a better experience so the fact that people are complaining about these problems is leaving me just a little disconcerted.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I wish that would completely assure me.

You see more people online complaining about the issues because the people who don't have them, don't have the need to go and talk about it. I'm sure the percentage is a lot lower than what it appears to be :)

Posted via Android Central App

Seth Lamb1

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Well obviously enough people have had issues that several websites have written articles about 4.4's issues... I'm just saying, you know? The first thing I see after buying this new tablet is "Android 4.4 causing battery life issues" and it's just something I want to avoid. But I guess I'll only find out using the tablet so time will tell I suppose.

Eion

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Havent had any issues with my Nexus 7 after update. Hell the tablet sat for a week + and hardly lost any battery charge.

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I've bought 2 nexus 7's and unfortunately both had some form of touch screen issues. I do say though that after updating to 4.4 they've gotten better but the problem is still there. It's either hit or miss from what I can come up with regarding touch screen issues. Battery life after 4.4 is if anything SLIGHTLY worse from what I can tell. On 4.3 I barely needed to charge the thing. 4.4 I do notice it needs to be charged more often if I'm heavily using the tablet. Standby time seems to be unaffected for me at least.

Posted via Android Central App

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
How does the problem manifest itself? I find my touchscreen is not always very responsive and there is usually a response delay. I just attributed this to the OS. This is my second Android device, the touch in both always felt different to iOS devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Seth Lamb1

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
So far I've not had a problem with my touchscreen, but it did randomly reboot on me once so far which is an issue that other people have had. Hopefully it's not going to become a regular thing.

I can get about 8-9 hours of battery usage before needing to recharge, and I drained the battery to about 2%. That involves web browsing, some gaming (maybe 1-2 hours), and video streaming.

Does that sound like a good amount of time?

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
So far I've not had a problem with my touchscreen, but it did randomly reboot on me once so far which is an issue that other people have had. Hopefully it's not going to become a regular thing.

I can get about 8-9 hours of battery usage before needing to recharge, and I drained the battery to about 2%. That involves web browsing, some gaming (maybe 1-2 hours), and video streaming.

Does that sound like a good amount of time?

Gaming and video streaming takes a toll on the battery. I don't game on my N7, and if I don't watch movies my battery will last 30+ hours. But when watching movies, my battery depletes by about 10-12% per hour.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Well obviously enough people have had issues that several websites have written articles about 4.4's issues... I'm just saying, you know? The first thing I see after buying this new tablet is "Android 4.4 causing battery life issues" and it's just something I want to avoid. But I guess I'll only find out using the tablet so time will tell I suppose.

Here's the thing..... 4.4 did He was quite a few bugs and issues that's why we are on 4.4.2 now. No bugs here

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca