Nexus 7: Horrible Sound Quality

Max Burleigh

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello, so I joined this forum specifically to see what other people are experiencing with this and I gotta say I feel like I'm crazy when I see other people say the sound quality with the Nexus 7 is fine. Because I have found it to be god awful. I have to use am equalizer app just to bare with it and even then it's a horrible experience. I have Harman Kardon CL headphones with are usually fantastic with my iPhone 5 but there is an immediate downgrade when plugged into my Nexus 7 tablet. Any thoughts? Any first hand experience?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Horrible Sound Quality

Welcome to Android Central! What kind of deficiency are you experiencing? Because I've seen some posts that suggest that certain N7 units might have problematic sound output. I'm not a diehard audiophile, but I am fairly particular about how my music sounds, and I've found it sounds quite good using Google Play Music, standard Klipsch earbuds, and the Google Play Music equalizer.

Max Burleigh

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Well no matter what application I am using including Google Play I experience awful sound quality both in volume and clarity. I'm certainly no audiophile either but it is a drastic downgrade

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Well no matter what application I am using including Google Play I experience awful sound quality both in volume and clarity. I'm certainly no audiophile either but it is a drastic downgrade

You must have a defective unit then. Sound quality definitely should not be awful that's for sure.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Why not go to a store and try out one of their demo units. That will tell you whether they all have the issue.

BTW, what specifically is the issue with the sound? I think they are fine, but I listen mostly to classical music with Sennhieser headphones. But, classical music is supposed to be the most demanding in terms of dynamic range.

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Why not go to a store and try out one of their demo units. That will tell you whether they all have the issue.

BTW, what specifically is the issue with the sound? I think they are fine, but I listen mostly to classical music with Sennhieser headphones. But, classical music is supposed to be the most demanding in terms of dynamic range.

Classical. Hmmmmm. Liberace?

But I digress.....

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I agree with jerrykur about going to a store to check the display units. Always a good idea.That's the best thing about best buy.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I actually haven't tried it with headphones. I just got my nexus 7 2013 last week and I love it. First nexus device I've ever owned and one of the best. But aside from the screen quality and the speediness of it my favorite feature is the sound.

Playing games the sound is beautiful I love the virtual surround sound they put in it even if it's just a marketing term. Music is great too I just notice that when I play something like shinedown or foo fighters the sounds does get a little distorted. But I've found that going into the equalizer in google play really helps.

The only thing I've needed to change in equalizer is the 60hz and the surround sound. Yours could be a defective unit. I've owned several android devices and this tablet has sound quality and loudness that I've never heard or experienced on a tablet before. I love it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084