Several Problems with Nexus 7

longsock123

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,
My Nexus 7, which I received about 2 weeks ago has a few problems. First of all, when the screen is on, and particularly when both charging and doing something fairly intensive, I can hear a noticeable buzzing sound that comes out of the headphone jack. I don't think this has to do with electrical interference, but I think I can hear the device's internals. Is this normal? Also, I have a case for it, and when taking it out, the bottom left corner of the back cover (non-removable, of course) somewhat pops out. Other than this, I could not be happier with the device. But these problems are bothersome, so should I send it back?

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,
My Nexus 7, which I received about 2 weeks ago has a few problems. First of all, when the screen is on, and particularly when both charging and doing something fairly intensive, I can hear a noticeable buzzing sound that comes out of the headphone jack. I don't think this has to do with electrical interference, but I think I can hear the device's internals. Is this normal? Also, I have a case for it, and when taking it out, the bottom left corner of the back cover (non-removable, of course) somewhat pops out. Other than this, I could not be happier with the device. But these problems are bothersome, so should I send it back?

I would send it back or get it RMA'd simply for the fact that the back cover is popping off. I would definitely send it back, if still possible return it or exchange it for a new one.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
If you case has fingers that grip the corner of the tablet you will continue to have the issue with the back pulling off when you remove the case. My 1st case did that. Just be careful and you should be OK.

When you charge and play a game or watch a movie you are likely driving the charger a little harder, so that is probably the sound you hear. If it bothers you you can see of they will replace it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs