nexus 7 battery tips

iDoc86

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello , i recently bought nexus 7 2013 wifi only . I am new to android world cuz i'm a regular IOS user for years and wanted to try new thing ..
Anyway guys i need your ideas or tips how to save my battery as much as possible !
For one thing i know that screen brightness is a main factor and i set it at 25-30 % i guess.
One thing i noticed that while browsing it drains the battery quickly i dont know if the problem from Chrome browser or not !
also is there a way to disable google services for good or till i enable some of features or apps again in future ?
Also how to make sure that there in no apps running on background while it is on sleep mode?
Please guys all your tips will really help me alot :)

Last edited:

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Good question! I'm "fanatic" about squeezing as much as I can from a single battery charge.
Here is what I've done:
Reduced brightness to 25% (as you've mentioned)
Turned off gps, wifi, blutooth when not being used
Uninstalled the apps I never use (cautious about google stuff since I'm not sure what is connected to what).
Used white-text-on-black-screen for book reading
Turned off display when not needed (for music, podcasts)
No graphics with music player
Made sure no battery-hogs were running in background (uninstalled "Drip" news app for that reason)

Happy to hear some recommendations from others.

iDoc86

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Good question! I'm "fanatic" about squeezing as much as I can from a single battery charge.
Here is what I've done:
Reduced brightness to 25% (as you've mentioned)
Turned off gps, wifi, blutooth when not being used
Uninstalled the apps I never use (cautious about google stuff since I'm not sure what is connected to what).
Used white-text-on-black-screen for book reading
Turned off display when not needed (for music, podcasts)
No graphics with music player
Made sure no battery-hogs were running in background (uninstalled "Drip" news app for that reason)

Happy to hear some recommendations from others.

Thank you for your reply , understood most or ur suggestions except last one what is Drip and where i can find it dear?

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I always turn off wifi when not near one, I also downloaded Gsam battery monitor it is free in the play store and will give you a percentage of battery left.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Here's my guide on battery tips: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...how-tos/298919-guide-battery-saving-tips.html.

The screen will almost always be the primary battery drainer, especially the beautiful hi-res screen of the N7. How much total screen-on time are you getting per battery charge? Average is going to be around 5-6 hours with normal mixed real-world use. If you're getting that amount, then I wouldn't sweat it too much.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Android apps are generally not meant to be stopped manually by the user. The way Android works, apps remain open in system RAM until more space is needed, and the system will decide which apps to close to make room. If you manually force stop an app, it might cause problems if, for example, it is in the middle of performing some action, or if some other app depends on it. But for the most part, you won't cause any major problem by force stopping an app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy