Nexus 7 2013 dead pixels

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I've had my nexus 7 for only a week and noticed from day one of turning it on that it has two dead pixels at the top right hand side of the screen. So I've run google up in the UK and they've gone and sorted me out a brand new spanking replacement etc and obviously will have to return the tablet with the dead pixels. What I'm not too sure is, are dead pixels covered under the warranty for the nexus 7 as I don't want google receiving my tablet and then deciding it's not covered under warranty and therefore decide to charge me ?199 for the new tablet they've sent out to me. I'm a student and I haven't even got ?20 to spend let alone another ?199 on another tablet.

So could someone tell me if the nexus 7 2013 is covered under warranty for dead pixels?

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried changing the wallpaper, I read somewhere that some of the live wallpapers have dead pixels

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Go to Asus website. I believe it is covered if it is 5 or more dead pixels or something like that. Not completely sure though.

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Go to Asus website. I believe it is covered if it is 5 or more dead pixels or something like that. Not completely sure though.

Just emailed google about this and they said that dead pixels are covered they didnt say how many so I'm guessing it doesnt matter how many even if its one dead pixel well in my case a second one is showing slightly now too.

DesireDroid

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I've got 6 on mine but I don't want to send it back because with my luck the next one will have a worse fault, everything works great on this except for the dead pixels. Every product I've had for years has had faults and I can't be bothered returning anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I've got 6 on mine but I don't want to send it back because with my luck the next one will have a worse fault, everything works great on this except for the dead pixels. Every product I've had for years has had faults and I can't be bothered returning anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more. Absolutely nothing is perfect it seems. All these devices are massed produced and just slapped together without giving a you know what about anything being done correctly by some under paid moron. You just have to learn to accept it or get ready for a long adventure trying to get a perfect device. You could also get lucky , but that's the exception to the rule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12