Nexus 7: Poor battery life all of a sudden

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
When I first got my N7 a couple of weeks after launch I was amazed at the battery life, especially the idle time. Hands down one of the biggest improvements over the original N7. I could go 2 days without touching it, and it would still have 90% or more life. But now, all of a sudden, out of the blue, battery life has gone to crap. My usage has not changed. No wakelocks, nothing. Also, as you can see in the screenshot, for some reason, the graph has a spike as if it is being charged, but never touching a charger. Just curious if anyone else has this problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1390104367928.jpg
    1390104367928.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 27

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
you may have leave too many apps running in the background, that could be the reason.

i use one of the battery saving apps. i use it to close un-used apps.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
No apps running in background. The spikes happen frequently now. I reboot all the time. Just can't figure out why all of a sudden my idle life has gone down hill.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does that continue after a reboot? I find that when I have an explained increased battery drain, a reboot usually helps--presumably there was some app that went rogue.

As a general rule, you shouldn't have to kill apps on your own--many of them will restart on their own, or others will start in their place, since the system wants to fill RAM partway with open apps. If you kill apps and the system keeps opening them up again, that will conribute to some drain.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Looks like something is drawing down the battery even when you are not actively using the unit.

Did you install any new apps around the time the battery life got bad? Did you take any updates to existing apps around that time. Did you enable some sort of app that does background updating or syncing

If you battery life all of a sudden goes downhill check the apps first. If necessary, de-install all of you apps and add them back one at a time. In between adding the apps monitor your battery life for a reasonable amount of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech