08-29-2017 10:56 PM
164 ... 4567
tools
    I'll try this tomorrow also and report back. I'll be very surprised if it works, but something is better than nothing.
    Yeah, I haven't had time to try it yet since I've been battling another tech issue. Hopefully I'll get a chance tonight. Let me know if you have any success.

J
    11-12-2015 09:24 AM
    Finally had time to try your suggestion and nothing. Did it a few times and still getting the stuck Google logo. Going to have to replace this tablet.

J
    11-15-2015 01:23 PM
    After months of dealing with this same issue (and purchasing the Nexus 9 as a replacement), I decided to try this one more time. Whoever posted the "slap" or "knock" method you have my sincere "Thank You"!!! It worked!!!!! I slapped it against my thigh and the bottom of my foot (wearing socks of course) and it passed the "logo" screen. BTW, I also pressed my thumb across the back of the device several times. It's now working.

R!

P.S. I am not kidding.
    11-15-2015 05:16 PM
    After months of dealing with this same issue (and purchasing the Nexus 9 as a replacement), I decided to try this one more time. Whoever posted the "slap" or "knock" method you have my sincere "Thank You"!!! It worked!!!!! I slapped it against my thigh and the bottom of my foot (wearing socks of course) and it passed the "logo" screen. BTW, I also pressed my thumb across the back of the device several times. It's now working.

R!

P.S. I am not kidding.
    How hard and how many times did you have to hit it before it got past the Google logo screen?
    11-16-2015 12:31 AM
    Hi man,

I only registered to say thank you and god or whoever you engenieer geniuses pray to may bless you. I was so dissapointed about this problem and it happend several times and seemed to solve itselve after a while. But a few days ago, it happend again and it just woulnd't "solve it selve". I found your idea so well thought through, that I tried it and it started working immediatly. I do rely on my tablet for Uni and i don't have enough to afford a new one. Thanks to you, i don't have to worry to much. YOU DA REAL MVP!
    11-29-2015 08:58 AM
    The slap method worked on my Nexus 7! 2 hours ago my device stopped responding all of a sudden so I did a force restart several times and also went to recovery mode to attempt a factory reset but nothing worked. Stuck at the Google logo everytime. After reading this thread I was resigned to the fact that the motherboard is broken -- had this device for 2 years and it had a good run. And then I saw the slap suggestion. So I slapped my N7 hard on my palm a few times and magically it went past the Google logo and booted successfully! I have not back read enough to see who first suggested this but whoever you are, thank you!!
    12-27-2015 10:37 AM
    The slap on the back worked for me too.
    Some not so gentle slaps on the while the Google logo was on solved the problem. At least for now.
    12-28-2015 08:19 PM
    The slap trick worked. I had to hit it several times. The question is how long this will last though as it is a hardware issue.
    12-28-2015 10:52 PM
    Wow thanks, My Nexus 7 2 had been upgraded to marshmallow with the latest system update, started to get random freezes then got stuck at the black screen with google, gave it a few gentle taps on my thigh and it rebooted as normal. Was just about to return it to the store tomorrow, its been back once already as its still got 6 months left on the store warranty will now back it up and then send it in.
    01-03-2016 04:10 PM
    Exact problem for me today. Read all of these posts. Nothing worked for me. Finally decided to open it up. Holding it by the 4 corners (plastic only, not the screen) and twisting the corners to "peel back" the top corner near the buttons caused the back cover to separate from the screen. Carefully worked the back cover completely off by gently twisting and rocking back and forth. Where each of the cables (ribbons) attach to a connector, I wiggled my finger on each connection, pressed around of the chips and pieces...yes, while it was on and stuck on the Google start screen. After about 10 seconds of doing this, it started right up. Don't have to drop it on a side if you can gently take off the back cover, which isn't hard to do. Something a little loose somewhere.
    01-20-2016 12:22 PM
    Exact problem for me today. Read all of these posts. Nothing worked for me. Finally decided to open it up. Holding it by the 4 corners (plastic only, not the screen) and twisting the corners to "peel back" the top corner near the buttons caused the back cover to separate from the screen. Carefully worked the back cover completely off by gently twisting and rocking back and forth. Where each of the cables (ribbons) attach to a connector, I wiggled my finger on each connection, pressed around of the chips and pieces...yes, while it was on and stuck on the Google start screen. After about 10 seconds of doing this, it started right up. Don't have to drop it on a side if you can gently take off the back cover, which isn't hard to do. Something a little loose somewhere.
    That's awesome! I tried that and I'm not so lucky. Still stuck and still looking for a suitable replacement.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-21-2016 09:17 PM
    That's awesome! I tried that and I'm not so lucky. Still stuck and still looking for a suitable replacement.

Contact ASUS Customer service and tell them that your tablet is stuck on the bootloop. This is a known issue and, even out of warranty, they will issue you an RMA. Took a couple weeks to get back but they fixed mine. I went ahead and updated to 6.0.1 with the Wugfresh toolkit.
    02-09-2016 08:05 AM
    Contact ASUS Customer service and tell them that your tablet is stuck on the bootloop. This is a known issue and, even out of warranty, they will issue you an RMA. Took a couple weeks to get back but they fixed mine. I went ahead and updated to 6.0.1 with the Wugfresh toolkit.
    Called Asus support and it started off well until they gave me a $201 estimate for repair which could go up or down depending on what they found wrong with it. No thanks. I'm thinking of getting the Nvidia Shield K-1 for $199.

02-17-2016 06:40 PM
    They gave me that same estimate, but seem to be repairing them still for free.

02-23-2016 08:35 PM
    Called Asus support and it started off well until they gave me a $201 estimate for repair which could go up or down depending on what they found wrong with it. No thanks. I'm thinking of getting the Nvidia Shield K-1 for $199.

That's ridiculous. They never quoted me a price. I made it very clear that I knew this was a hardware /software issue. That it had been well documented. They never argued.
    03-02-2016 10:21 PM
    Slap trick worked for me as well!!
    03-28-2016 12:27 PM
    Looks like mine is now doing this too. Slap trick didn't work. Can't get into recovery either.
    04-03-2016 07:36 PM
    I had a unit that was doing this so I tried the slap trick and one of the ribbon cables came lose from the board and the solder broke loose. I ended up going from a 32gb unit and then found a 16gb replacement for about $20 on ebay. Careful slapping too hard.
    04-11-2016 03:15 PM
    In the process of things I gave the left side of the tablet a good thump. It went immediately to the “No Command” screen and I could recover my device.
    Please read nhowieson full answer, it is response #44 on page 2.

Dear nhowieson, THANK YOU, your "thump suggestion", worked! I hit the back of my Nexus 2014 against the palm of my hand 3 times and it rebooted. I tried numerous other fixes, but I couldn't get past the Google logo screen. I have now been able to save my 1000 ebooks by copying them over to my desktop, all thanks to YOU. <3
    04-27-2016 10:17 PM
    Mine does this sometimes if I press lightly on the front and back a few times while it's stuck it boots right up. Weird stuff with aging tech.
    05-15-2016 05:38 PM
    It actually worked!!!
    I can't be more surprised!!!
    I just tapped it lightly and it now works fine!!!
    08-10-2016 08:46 AM
    Holy ****.

N7 2013 crashed/froze and then stuck at Google logo for the last 3 days while on travel. Don't have a Windows PC, so I've been trying to figure out how to ADB from my Chromebook...

Didn't have Dev mode enabled, and didn't want to erase everything on my Chromebook to do it.

Stumbled upon this after an hour of googling the issue...and the ******* slap method worked!!! While it was stuck on the Google logo, I just slapped the back against my palm a few times near the top and then a few times near the bottom. Then it boots right up as normal. I seriously can't believe it. Boo on Asus HW, but thanks OP!!! I now have a functioning tablet again (for now, until I have to slap it around again

Thanks OP!!!!
    08-22-2016 08:22 PM
    It works, thanks. I was worried I'd have to pay out for someone to fix it.

Hey, so do you have a magentic closure case, and is it still on when you try this?

I didn't have any issues until I bought a new case (love the case), and then the boot loader issue as described here, Google words only no matter what.

I remove the case, and it powered on without issue.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen something similar?
    09-10-2016 08:42 AM
    Amazing, thanks for the thump tip. Popped it real good on the right side and got the dancing color spots and now back in business. I like your notion that the orientation mode has something to do with some sort of interrupt. Also, I downloaded yesterday, prior to the freeze up, a Clinometer app and now wonder if it mangled the orientation mode. Regardless, many thanks.
    09-27-2016 07:32 PM
    Ahh thanks. Magnetic Case problem also for Me. The case have been causing no problems before. Or that I slapped it while removing the case

You Just saved me a lot of trouble!
    Was stuck on this once. Shipped to asus. The returned it with a software flash.
    Now, one month after my warranty ran out, the issue returned again.
    Saw a post here about the magnetic closure case being the culprit.
    So, removed it and booted.
    And, it actually works!
    The case seems to be the culprit here.
    Thank you!
    10-24-2016 01:11 PM
164 ... 4567