Nexus 7 stuck on Google logo screen on boot up

Anon1232

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
"Disconnecting and connecting back the narrower cable", do you know what color it is? Also, is it towards the top or bottom of the tablet?

The orange one. There is a big square battery right at the middle. Two cables run across it, above it, vertically. First one is wide and metal-colored, the second is narrower and orange. I reconnected the orange one at the top - there's a small metal rectangle connector, sealed with a piece of grey duct tape. I took off the tape, pulled the connector up to disconnect, then clicked it back down to connect. Turned on the device, it loaded as it should, all good.

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I wish that would work for me. I've reseated just about every connector on the board and still no go. Still looking for a suitable replacement.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
The orange one. There is a big square battery right at the middle. Two cables run across it, above it, vertically. First one is wide and metal-colored, the second is narrower and orange. I reconnected the orange one at the top - there's a small metal rectangle connector, sealed with a piece of grey duct tape. I took off the tape, pulled the connector up to disconnect, then clicked it back down to connect. Turned on the device, it loaded as it should, all good.

Thanks, I'll try it tonight and post any success I have.

J

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'll try this tomorrow also and report back. I'll be very surprised if it works, but something is better than nothing.

Yeah, I haven't had time to try it yet since I've been battling another tech issue. Hopefully I'll get a chance tonight. Let me know if you have any success.

J

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Finally had time to try your suggestion and nothing. Did it a few times and still getting the stuck Google logo. Going to have to replace this tablet.

J

RDJ1-GT

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
After months of dealing with this same issue (and purchasing the Nexus 9 as a replacement), I decided to try this one more time. Whoever posted the "slap" or "knock" method you have my sincere "Thank You"!!! It worked!!!!! I slapped it against my thigh and the bottom of my foot (wearing socks of course) and it passed the "logo" screen. BTW, I also pressed my thumb across the back of the device several times. It's now working.

R!

P.S. I am not kidding.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
After months of dealing with this same issue (and purchasing the Nexus 9 as a replacement), I decided to try this one more time. Whoever posted the "slap" or "knock" method you have my sincere "Thank You"!!! It worked!!!!! I slapped it against my thigh and the bottom of my foot (wearing socks of course) and it passed the "logo" screen. BTW, I also pressed my thumb across the back of the device several times. It's now working.

R!

P.S. I am not kidding.

How hard and how many times did you have to hit it before it got past the Google logo screen?

LexBarker

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi man,

I only registered to say thank you and god or whoever you engenieer geniuses pray to may bless you. I was so dissapointed about this problem and it happend several times and seemed to solve itselve after a while. But a few days ago, it happend again and it just woulnd't "solve it selve". I found your idea so well thought through, that I tried it and it started working immediatly. I do rely on my tablet for Uni and i don't have enough to afford a new one. Thanks to you, i don't have to worry to much. YOU DA REAL MVP!

goybs h

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
The slap method worked on my Nexus 7! 2 hours ago my device stopped responding all of a sudden so I did a force restart several times and also went to recovery mode to attempt a factory reset but nothing worked. Stuck at the Google logo everytime. After reading this thread I was resigned to the fact that the motherboard is broken -- had this device for 2 years and it had a good run. And then I saw the slap suggestion. So I slapped my N7 hard on my palm a few times and magically it went past the Google logo and booted successfully! I have not back read enough to see who first suggested this but whoever you are, thank you!!

izanaki

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The slap trick worked. I had to hit it several times. The question is how long this will last though as it is a hardware issue.

Tom Eagles

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Wow thanks, My Nexus 7 2 had been upgraded to marshmallow with the latest system update, started to get random freezes then got stuck at the black screen with google, gave it a few gentle taps on my thigh and it rebooted as normal. Was just about to return it to the store tomorrow, its been back once already as its still got 6 months left on the store warranty will now back it up and then send it in.

Greg Griffin

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Exact problem for me today. Read all of these posts. Nothing worked for me. Finally decided to open it up. Holding it by the 4 corners (plastic only, not the screen) and twisting the corners to "peel back" the top corner near the buttons caused the back cover to separate from the screen. Carefully worked the back cover completely off by gently twisting and rocking back and forth. Where each of the cables (ribbons) attach to a connector, I wiggled my finger on each connection, pressed around of the chips and pieces...yes, while it was on and stuck on the Google start screen. After about 10 seconds of doing this, it started right up. Don't have to drop it on a side if you can gently take off the back cover, which isn't hard to do. Something a little loose somewhere.

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Exact problem for me today. Read all of these posts. Nothing worked for me. Finally decided to open it up. Holding it by the 4 corners (plastic only, not the screen) and twisting the corners to "peel back" the top corner near the buttons caused the back cover to separate from the screen. Carefully worked the back cover completely off by gently twisting and rocking back and forth. Where each of the cables (ribbons) attach to a connector, I wiggled my finger on each connection, pressed around of the chips and pieces...yes, while it was on and stuck on the Google start screen. After about 10 seconds of doing this, it started right up. Don't have to drop it on a side if you can gently take off the back cover, which isn't hard to do. Something a little loose somewhere.

That's awesome! I tried that and I'm not so lucky. Still stuck and still looking for a suitable replacement.

Posted via the Android Central App

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
That's awesome! I tried that and I'm not so lucky. Still stuck and still looking for a suitable replacement.

Contact ASUS Customer service and tell them that your tablet is stuck on the bootloop. This is a known issue and, even out of warranty, they will issue you an RMA. Took a couple weeks to get back but they fixed mine. I went ahead and updated to 6.0.1 with the Wugfresh toolkit.

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Contact ASUS Customer service and tell them that your tablet is stuck on the bootloop. This is a known issue and, even out of warranty, they will issue you an RMA. Took a couple weeks to get back but they fixed mine. I went ahead and updated to 6.0.1 with the Wugfresh toolkit.

Called Asus support and it started off well until they gave me a $201 estimate for repair which could go up or down depending on what they found wrong with it. No thanks. I'm thinking of getting the Nvidia Shield K-1 for $199.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Called Asus support and it started off well until they gave me a $201 estimate for repair which could go up or down depending on what they found wrong with it. No thanks. I'm thinking of getting the Nvidia Shield K-1 for $199.

That's ridiculous. They never quoted me a price. I made it very clear that I knew this was a hardware /software issue. That it had been well documented. They never argued.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance