dontstopbelieving

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks - I just bought a new Nexus 7 (2013), the 32 GB version. This is my first tablet - my wife has an IPad, so that's all I have as a basis of comparison. The Nexus came with Jellybean but updated itself to KitKat (4.4.2) almost immediately. My question is about the camera. I've found that the camera itself seems laggy in a couple of ways: (1) it takes the screen a half-second or so to reflect what happens - for example, when I use the front-facing camera and change facial expressions, it takes a half-second or so for me to see my changed facial expression on the screen, and (2) it takes at least a second or so for the shutter to go off after I press the camera button.

For whatever it's worth, there don't appear to be lag issues with the video functionality - e.g. when I have the video camera turned on the screen updates in real-time as I change facial expressions, and it seems to record video and audio in sync. So my question is, are these lags just "features" of the Nexus 7 camera (I haven't seen this issues in my wife's IPad) ? I've seen reports about various lag issues that people have experienced so I don't know what's unique to me and what isn't.

Thanks, and if anyone has tips on how to address this, let me know...

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
None of that lag or delay is just you. Mine is exactly the same, they all are.

the delay in the front camera rendering image is just the way it is (probably cheap hardware)
the delay after tapping to take a photo is the camera auto focus focusing before the shot.

alsoi think you can push and hold the button to take photo and it will focus while you are holding button, and when you release it snaps the pic faster as it is already focused.

Last edited:

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i don't seem to have that problem myself.

but one time, after i took a pic, while i was moving the tablet at the same time, it rebooted itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781