Live Wallpaper Question

Jody Conner

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I know these questions have probably been asked 1000 times over, but I am going to as anyway and risk the ire of the community:

-How are live wallpapers going to effect the performance of my tablet?

-How many of you are using live wallpapers?

-Best place to get them?

Sierra1167

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I personally don't think the live wallpaper is worth my loss of battery life, but it is an individual thing. I have a Galaxy Tab 2 and when I had a live one it never affected any other facet of performance other than battery life. That being said, I like to use the Zedge app for free wallpapers, notification sounds, and ringtones. They are all free and I have never had any issues with anything I have downloaded from them. I have never tried any of the live ones, but know they do offer them.

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Live wallpaper will definitely consume extra battery power. Just how much depends on degree of animation (cpu cycles) and pixel brightness.

I used a live wallpaper for a while, but after tiring of the "eye-candy" I replaced it with a static wallpaper of a dark color. Did not change performance, but (slight) improvement in battery drain noted.

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad you asked this question. I had considered using live wallpaper, but I read several accounts by people who stopped using it because it was a drain on their device's battery, and I decided to stay with a non-live wallpaper. The responses to your question have confirmed for me that I made the right decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae