How do I uninstall Current ?

gameson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't uninstall / remove Current from my N7. I can only disable it

I thought Google pure Android can remove any app completely without rooting.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I can't uninstall / remove Current from my N7. I can only disable it

I thought Google pure Android can remove any app completely without rooting.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

There are core apps that cannot be removed, only disabled. Sounds like Currents is one of them if it won't let you uninstall. Vanilla Android doesn't add extra "bloatware" 3rd party apps, but only includes Google's core apps. Though I'm a little surprised that they'd treat Currents as a core app. *shrug*

gameson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
yes, and they just stopped current app as well, that's why I want to uninstall it

I hope the next android update will remove app completely from the OS. I do not want to have unused app in my android

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem. I made the mistake of trying to uninstall directly using the options menu or running newsstand. What you actually need to do is open up the currents update, click the button to open newsstand from within the currents app and it will clear itself automatically.

Posted via Android Central App

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
There is an update out for currents. Install the update, launch currents, click the link presented saying to launch news stand. Currents will then uninstall. If not you can navigate to it in the play store and tap uninstall from there.

Beamed via my Nexus 7 from the AC Forums app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There is an update out for currents. Install the update, launch currents, click the link presented saying to launch news stand. Currents will then uninstall. If not you can navigate to it in the play store and tap uninstall from there.

Beamed via my Nexus 7 from the AC Forums app.

This. And keep in mind that this is probably a rolling update, which means people will get it at different times. Just be patient, and it'll get to you.

gameson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
hi guys,

the current app only 'appear' uninstall to your naked eyes as it is no longer showing up in the android menu or google folder, but if you go to apps (go to show all) in settings, you can still see current as 1.7 MB.

That is what I m trying to get rid of. I do not like to see apps that I no longer want still showing up in apps, even when it's only 1.7 MB.

@ernstmach, sting7k, are you seeing current in apps after doing your steps?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca